Manchester The City Years - 99p for next few days!

Gary James

*****See my post on 16 March 2020 on page 5 for latest offer - 99p!*********

If you're after something to read on the journey up to Glasgow I've managed to get my City history book Manchester The City Years discounted to 99p until Friday. It's the ebook version and only available here:

If you're in the USA you can also get it for $1.99 for the next couple of days. It's not letting me post the US link (amazon protective over territory access), but if you go on amazon.com and search for "Manchester The City Years" you'll find it.

My latest article on the origins of football is currently free to download here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09523367.2016.1221816 This is not my usual City writing and is talking more about how to research the origins of the game, but I have managed to get in a mention of Aguero and the MUFC-LFC match fixing scandal. It won't be to everyone's taste but every download can help spread my research into Manchester football of course.

Feel free to pass on the links, tweet the details etc. if you think you know people interested.

Thanks Gary

Last edited:
If you're after something to read on the journey up to Glasgow I've managed to get my City history book Manchester The City Years discounted to 99p until Friday. It's the ebook version and only available here:

If you're in the USA you can also get it for $1.99 for the next couple of days:

My latest article on the origins of football is currently free to download here: http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/09523367.2016.1221816 This is not my usual City writing and is talking more about how to research the origins of the game, but I have managed to get in a mention of Aguero and the MUFC-LFC match fixing scandal. It won't be to everyone's taste but every download can help spread my research into Manchester football of course.

Thanks Gary

Is a Tindle or ebook reader-thingy needed to read it or can I download it to my phone?

Absolute bargain. Arguably the finest book ever written about our club.

Absolute bargain. Arguably the finest book ever written about our club.
Thanks Ric. I really appreciate that. The Times called my earlier incarnation (Manchester The Greatest City) the best football club history of all time, setting the standards, and I'm always grateful when people value my work. Personally, my favourite book to write was Joe Mercer Football With A Smile, closely followed by Farewell To Maine Road, as they carried more emotion for me personally, but Manchester The City Years is the most detailed. Thanks again for the comments.

Brilliant book. I've got the hardback at home.

I think a trip to Glasgow and back might not be sufficient time to read it all though. Perhaps if you're on the Mars trip you might just about finish it!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.