Manchester traffic

Isnt the bloke that has headed planning in greater Manchester for the last 20 years vociferously anti-car? I cant remember his name but they had him on gmr just after they'd finished turning the a580 into a bus lane
You can choose to be anti car if you don't need one.

Isnt the bloke that has headed planning in greater Manchester for the last 20 years vociferously anti-car? I cant remember his name but they had him on gmr just after they'd finished turning the a580 into a bus lane
I think there's a militant anti-motorist involved in transport on Salford council and another (possibly Kate something) on Manchester Council.

As for public transport; my commute from Prestwich to Wythenshawe has extended from a reliable 40-45 minutes to 40-50 minutes - not a big increase but noticeable. The range of times by public transport are 82-87 minutes with at least 15 minutes walking in which to enjoy the rain. However, the GMPTE route planner which suggests 82-87 minutes to arrive by 0800 also suggests it's 28 minutes by car. This implies the GMPTE times do not take into account sections where the busses are slowed by the rush hour.

November is always horrendous for traffic. Everybody is in work, building up to Christmas, there are thousands of shit drivers who travel 10mph slower because they can't adapt to the dark and the change in weather and loads of vehicles break down because they're not winter ready

It seems to me the best solution is for everyone to ride their bike or jog everywhere. Take the pressure off the roads and help everyone shed those extra pounds so they’ll fit into the Puma kit next season.

You’re welcome.

November is always horrendous for traffic. Everybody is in work, building up to Christmas, there are thousands of shit drivers who travel 10mph slower because they can't adapt to the dark and the change in weather and loads of vehicles break down because they're not winter ready
The roads are littered with fuckers who literally cannot drive. And every motorway jam you're in is because of some idiot who shouldn't be on the road. And every fifth car these days is a fog light wanker. Boils my piss it does.

Think how much of your life is spent sat in traffic, fuck that I moved over the road from work best thing I ever did. I gave up a job in Swinton due to the m60 making me depressed.

The roads are littered with fuckers who literally cannot drive. And every motorway jam you're in is because of some idiot who shouldn't be on the road. And every fifth car these days is a fog light wanker. Boils my piss it does.

I've started going full beam on these fuckers and blinding them back. Hope they crash the horrible twats.

Having moved to Anglesey a couple of years back, mainly because I was sick to death of the traffic, reading this thread is making me feel very, very smug.

Manchester is still mainly set out as it was built before cars were in abundance as a densely populated place, most roads both major or minor cannont handdle the amount of cars in motion or parked.

All major rds into and out of Manchester city centre are packed, as are buses and trams in rush hr
One way systems and pedestrianisation of a mile raditius of the city centre is an option

Farming out business and industry to the other towns in GM rather than it all being centred in town would help.

Basically the city is too small and compact for it's growth.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.