Manchester's greatest song

No idea. We all cry and we all wank though don't we? Personally I've never done both of those things at the same time though. I don't think I could wank while I'm listening to the Smiths, that would be wrong.

No need to add cry wanking into the equation.Listening to The Smiths is wrong. ;-)

The world needs more fingering. Today's youth dive straight in these days.

Anyhoo...

I like Madness, The Human League and the odd Smith tune. Is this normal? I also have this downy fluff on my chest...

You're not normal Bob, it's you that is wrong. But the world does need more fingering. I believe the youth of today have given it a more modern and punchier name. It's called Fingerblasting now.

Sad Cafe, every day I'm without you hurts, or whatever it's called?
Blue Monday
Transmission
Love will tear us apart

Smith's do me a fooking favour and donate your organs to someone that deserves to live. RAGS! haha!

Let's be fair though; if you listened to M*******y, you'd want to cry as well (though I'm not sure he'd make me want to have a quick tug)!
For me though the worst thing about Morrissey is not the depressing and pretentious lyrics, nor (staggeringly) is it that he is such a count with his contempt for his fans and his puritanical vegetarianism.

No, it's the simple fact that he cannot write nor sing anything resembling a sodding tune. His shocking lack of musical talent means he has no fucking clue about chords and chord sequences so every single track consists of about 3 notes played over and over and over again, with his moronic lyrics dumped on top. This is not music, it is noise. It's the sort of thing talentless infants would compose with no musical training, a piano with all but 3 keys removed, and a hammer. There is no light and shade, no nice chords, no rhythmic invention; no melody, banal lyrics. Objectively, it is of a very low standard.

Last edited:
For me though the worst thing about Morrissey is not the depressing and pretentious lyrics, nor (staggeringly) is it that he is such a count with his contempt for his fans and his puritanical vegetarianism.

No, it's the simple fact that he cannot write nor sing anything resembling a sodding tune. His shocking lack of musical talent means he has no fucking clue about chords and chord sequences so every single track consists of about 3 notes played over and over and over again, with his moronic lyrics dumped on top. This is not music, it is noise. It's the sort of thing talentless infants would compose with no musical training, a piano with all but 3 keys removed, and a hammer. There is no light and shade, no nice chords, no rhythmic invention; no melody, banal lyrics. Objectively, it is of a very low standard.
Fuck me, are you still doing this? You do know that Morrissey didn't write the music in The Smiths and indeed doesn't for his solo material, don't you? I always assumed people who had a bee in their bonnet about The Smiths were pretty much all about hating Morrissey and hating his voice. I like his singing voice but it is unique and I can see that it wouldn't be for everyone and I do think as he has got older he has turned into a right tit of a man, so again, I get that people struggle to get past some of these things. But if you're implying that Johnny Marr was talentless when it came to writing the music in The Smiths then I can only assume that you've just never listened to it properly. Probably because you couldn't get past hating the vocals. And in his solo career, Morrissey has had a number of people writing the music, some of whom have also written music for all sorts of incredibly successful artists.

No, it's the simple fact that he cannot write nor sing anything resembling a sodding tune. His shocking lack of musical talent means he has no fuvkibg clue about chords and chord sequences so every single track consists of about 3 notes played over and over and over again, with his moronic lyrics dumped on top. This is not music, it is noise. It's the sort of thing talentless infants would compose with no musical training, a piano with all but 3 keys removed, and a hammer. There is no light and shade, no nice chords, no rhythmic invention; no melody, banal lyrics. Objectively, it is piss poor.
As I've said on here before, he's a middling songwriter. Not brilliant, but not the worst. But he simply cannot sing. Which is a drawback for a singer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.