Mancini (cont)

Goose_Grease said:
The Flash said:
Goose_Grease said:
So a second place La Liga finish and reaching the semi-finals of the Champions League with what was then the Spanish equivalent of contemporary West Brom does not count as a success? Taking Malaga into the Champions League in his first full season, then being a few minutes and an offside goal vs Dortmund away from a debut semi-finals under financial pressure does not count as a success?
Second place is exactly that and what does losing a semi final get you?

Trophies = success.

Did we get a trophy for finishing anywhere else but first? Fuck me, Pellegrini? who has won nothing in his career?

You're on drugs or you're on the WUM.
That's a very benighted way of looking at it. So Roy Hodgson failed at West Brom? David Moyes is failing at Everton? Brendan Rodgers failed at Swansea? Success is relative and Pellegrini's achievements with unfancied sides definitely outranks Mancini's big-budgeted achievements, particularly in Europe.

Nonsense. Mancini won cups with Fiorentina and Lazio before he went to Inta. If Pellegrini was any good he would have done similar and been picked up by a big club before now.

Gelsons Dad said:
Goose_Grease said:
The Flash said:
Second place is exactly that and what does losing a semi final get you?

Trophies = success.

Did we get a trophy for finishing anywhere else but first? Fuck me, Pellegrini? who has won nothing in his career?

You're on drugs or you're on the WUM.
That's a very benighted way of looking at it. So Roy Hodgson failed at West Brom? David Moyes is failing at Everton? Brendan Rodgers failed at Swansea? Success is relative and Pellegrini's achievements with unfancied sides definitely outranks Mancini's big-budgeted achievements, particularly in Europe.

Nonsense. Mancini won cups with Fiorentina and Lazio before he went to Inta. If Pellegrini was any good he would have done similar and been picked up by a big club before now.

Real Madrid not a big club?

I don't think you need to have won things to be a good manager, but it does take very difficult skills managing a side that isn't trying to win everything to managing one that is.

So someone succeeding at a Malaga, or Villareal doesn't necessarily have the skills to manage at a club like City. I don't know enough about Pellegrini to say thats the case or not.

Rammy Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Goose_Grease said:

How long did he last?

Gelsons Dad said:
Rammy Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:

How long did he last?

Irrelevant in the context of your previous post.

Rammy Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
Rammy Blue said:

How long did he last?

Not at all.

He has had no success in Europe. Was gambled on by Real where he saw a 200million spend and won nothing so was replaced by Mou.

He has won nothing in Europe.

Why would we replace a born winner who has won a cup in almost every year of his managerial career with someone who has won.........nothing?

Gelsons Dad said:
Rammy Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
How long did he last?

Not at all.

He has had no success in Europe. Was gambled on by Real where he saw a 200million spend and won nothing so was replaced by Mou.

Why would we replace a born winner who has won a cup in almost every year of his managerial career with someone who has won.........nothing?

It's really dull when people shift their emphasis on here. I never said we should replace Bob with Pellegrini - I said that if Bob leaves then I'm sure he'll be in the running as he's very highly rated coach.

You said he's not been picked up by a big club. I was just pointing out the stupidity of the statement.

Gelsons Dad said:
Rammy Blue said:
Gelsons Dad said:
How long did he last?

Not at all.

His failure at Real Madrid should be put in perspective by the fact that he had little to do with where the 200million was spent, achieved their highest ever league points total and that Real Madrid's directors have said they definitely would have kept him had they not been able to hire Mourinho on the back of his Champions League victory with Inter.

For your other points I feel like I should refer you to my previous post.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.