Roberto Mancini

Moving-Goalposts-e1300873393433.jpg

Just to make it quite clear what happened and why he wouldn't be welcomed back under the current ownership. It wasn't just players he pissed off (and read Bellamy's autobiography to find out what he was like, plus players like Silva & Zabaleta were complaining) but executives and directors. However alarm bells started ringing when . The club wanted to work in a certain way but Mancini wasn't interested in that. He wouldn't attend meetings at first and only went when ordered but sat there and took no interest at all.

After we'd lost at Everton he stormed off back to Italy for the international break and I'm not sure whether the club had sanctioned that or not. Whatever, he came back for the home game against Newcastle and was then told to report to Abu Dhabi. Not sure if he saw the Sheikh himself but he certainly saw Simon Pearce. He was asked if he was prepared to work with the board, Soriano and Begiristain. The answer was essentially no and I understand the meeting wasn't the friendliest. The Sheikh pulled the trigger and a board meeting was held a few days later, before the derby, to confirm that (although the sacking itself was planned for the end of the season).

It's completely wrong to suggest the board took the side of a few players and didn't have the nerve to back the manager. He was at odds with pretty well the whole club, from the chairman down.
I bet there was a few people pissed off at the club when sergio wrote his book.

Just to make it quite clear what happened and why he wouldn't be welcomed back under the current ownership. It wasn't just players he pissed off (and read Bellamy's autobiography to find out what he was like, plus players like Silva & Zabaleta were complaining) but executives and directors. However alarm bells started ringing when . The club wanted to work in a certain way but Mancini wasn't interested in that. He wouldn't attend meetings at first and only went when ordered but sat there and took no interest at all.

After we'd lost at Everton he stormed off back to Italy for the international break and I'm not sure whether the club had sanctioned that or not. Whatever, he came back for the home game against Newcastle and was then told to report to Abu Dhabi. Not sure if he saw the Sheikh himself but he certainly saw Simon Pearce. He was asked if he was prepared to work with the board, Soriano and Begiristain. The answer was essentially no and I understand the meeting wasn't the friendliest. The Sheikh pulled the trigger and a board meeting was held a few days later, before the derby, to confirm that (although the sacking itself was planned for the end of the season).

It's completely wrong to suggest the board took the side of a few players and didn't have the nerve to back the manager. He was at odds with pretty well the whole club, from the chairman down.

but why change a winning setup and bring in the 2 people from spain Soriano and Begiristain they have not really set the house ablaze in the barca style of play have they. I could understand mancini view of it why change a style of play if its a winning silverware the trouble was not the style it was a very young build in its early stage and we was never going to understand champions league football for a club that never been it in before that's was KEY for the new owners they wanted big things in the champions league but its not a level playing field in uefa is it and with the president Platini who is bent ///?? was or are we ever going to be winning the champions league i don't think so

the players don't have to like everything and if mancini was a iron rod well look at what we won and maybe he was right players play football managers understand football the only thing I did think he maybe was wrong was backing Mario he stood by him yes that could have worked against him with other players but he new Mario before and worked with him so if he new how to get the best out of Mario why not

I haven't read Sergio's book did he say something about Bobby, as some of the players liked him as far as I was aware and so did most of the fans including me.

If you like bobby then you would like what he wrote, kinda dif from other storys ive heard and it was refreshing to hear it from him.

but why change a winning setup and bring in the 2 people from spain Soriano and Begiristain
The owners wanted a long term vision for the club, where everything from top to bottom was done to a plan. They also knew that it was highly unlikely that a single manager would be around long enough to deliver that. Plus they had two of the people that had been involved in bringing Barcelona to where they are. I suspect managers like Mancini have a lifespan of 3 years and then the effect wears off. Without a long-term structure in place, we get a new manager and everything changes again.

I don't want him to come back, it's just good to see him doing well.

Do I rate him more than Pellegrini? Yes. Is that blasphemous? No. Does it mean I don't like Pellegrini? No, although he's testing my patience through his own actions.

Sadly some, the same few each time seemingly, see things as black and white when you express an opinion on the man.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.