Roberto Mancini

The owners wanted a long term vision for the club, where everything from top to bottom was done to a plan. They also knew that it was highly unlikely that a single manager would be around long enough to deliver that. Plus they had two of the people that had been involved in bringing Barcelona to where they are. I suspect managers like Mancini have a lifespan of 3 years and then the effect wears off. Without a long-term structure in place, we get a new manager and everything changes again.

but the long term plan was always champions league and you will only get that if you build a club on a good setup in the premier league. forget this barca style of play you will never do it in the premier league there is to many good clubs in the premier league who don't roll over in a weak league like in spain. the base work that mancini did was right he worked on building a squad to win the premier league and cups first and champions league was put to the back burners

I feel for mancini he took the job on the back of a media hiding they was all over him for taking the job from mark hughes they even said that he was working behind the hughes back and sat in the stands. but it was the new owners choice and it worked you got to understand he took over a squad of players that was bought to build a club from nothing to fight for top spot. many was just bought in just to hype the name of Manchester city we needed to put the name back on the map and bring in the media and big money signings who was here for the money first and football 2nd the foundations was rocking all over the place

so mancini started to fight back with a iron fist kicked out the mercenaries and built his own style and got it right he built from the football side of things set the foundations in England with the fa cup and then premier league he was going down the right road and at a rate of knots. but the champions league was his downfall we was not ready to fight with the so called big clubs in Europe he knew it but the owners did not

I don't really know what happen but the club went on another path somebody sold the club on this barca style of play and a long term plan to build again and Europe was put to the top of the list and wipe out all the good work that mancini did in a very short space of time in the premier league and England they just ripped up the plans and started again
the back bone of manchester city was a core of 6 or 7 players who was a mix of that very big push in the media we bought into the club from day 1 and mancini had to weed out the weak and the mercenaries and what come of that was the hard core the back bone of Manchester city what we see today

sometimes I stop and think about how fast football life is them 3 years have gone in a blink of a eye and we did the unthinkable from little old man city who took the premier league title of united and fergie you can never take that away from mancini and the bond is set in stone with the fans

At the time I thought it was wrong to get rid.Should you ever go back? I'm not sure if he came back there would be enough patience to let him rearrange things

Better tactical manager than Manuel.
Yes, still brings a tear to my eye when I see his inter teams play. So compact and solid in defense and midfield, and yet not in a defensive or boring way, you would still see multiple attackers around the opponents box.

He was the manager who effectively slayed Baconface, after dozens had tried and failed. His smiling face at the Swamp as Baconface scowled washed away over 30 years of misery. I believe he fell in love with the club, the fans and deep down still loves this club, whilst probably considering his achievements here as his greatest. For me he managed to restore pride in the fans and fear in the opposition, and his dedication to wear his club scarf regardless of the weather tells me of his passion for the club. He also brought Silva, Sergio and Yaya, who by any measure are 3 of the greatest 10 players this club has ever seen.

For me and many others, he was God and still is the Messiah, and for those who are obstinately stupid in their denial of this then you seriously need to reexamine where we were as a club when he arrived and where he left us on his departure.

Anyone who believes Pellegrini could have took over from Hughes and did what Mancini did is utterly deluded! All Pellegrini has done is held the joystick of a club on autopilot and if anything has slowed down our ascent.

In short, as managers they are poles apart.

Last edited:
He was the manager who effectively slayed Baconface, after dozens had tried and failed. His smiling face at the Swamp as Baconface scowled washed away over 30 years of misery. I believe he fell in love with the club, the fans and deep down still loves this club, whilst probably considering his achievements here as his greatest. For me he managed to restore pride in the fans and fear in the opposition, and his dedication to wear his club scarf regardless of the weather tells me of his passion for the club. He also brought Silva, Sergio and Yaya, who by any measure are 3 of the greatest 10 players this club has ever seen.

For me and many others, he was God and still is the Messiah, and for those who are obstinately stupid in their denial of this then you seriously need to reexamine where we were as a club when he arrived and where he left us on his departure.

Anyone who believes Pellegrini could have took over from Hughes and did what Mancini did is utterly deluded! All Pellegrini has done is held the joystick of a club on autopilot and if anything has slowed down our accent.

In short, as managers they are poles apart.

While I agree with much of what you say, he inherited some players, who have become club legends in de Jong, Hart, Kompany, Tévez and Zabaleta.

There is no doubt Bobby improved all of them and added others to go with them, but it should never be forgotten what was already here when he arrived.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.