Mancini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rolee said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Because Chelsea have blown their season early doors and Arsenal have fell off the radar, that's why!

As for 3-5-2. Have you noticed Kolo looks comfortable with 4 at the back, same with Clichy. Have you seen them play when we go with 3 at the back? They suddenly become Reading level defenders. Why? because they have little confidence and understanding of the formation.

Do you not think professional footballers should be capable of playing more than just one formation? I think De Boer said something about being amazed at the players not doing their job properly.

I wouldn't mind but he obviously used that system to have a plan B, something that the same people that are criticising it now were screaming for last season. The fact that he was willing to experiment also flies in the face of the arguments that's he's one dimensional and/or stubborn in his thinking.

you must not be aware for it to be a plan b, it must have wingers width and pace :-)

The Manchester Derby is being played today. A time long ago where every Man,woman and child ceased what they were doing and wore their colours with pride. Wtf are you lot doing in here sniping about irrelevant shite that can be left for another day ? Open the curtains, come up for air and get your arses in the mood for the battle that is set to commence

(Delia for the day)

grim up north said:
Rolee said:
moomba said:
Do you not think professional footballers should be capable of playing more than just one formation? I think De Boer said something about being amazed at the players not doing their job properly.

I wouldn't mind but he obviously used that system to have a plan B, something that the same people that are criticising it now were screaming for last season. The fact that he was willing to experiment also flies in the face of the arguments that's he's one dimensional and/or stubborn in his thinking.

you must not be aware for it to be a plan b, it has to consist of width and pace :-0
Alternatively, it mustn't turn 11 world class footballers into headless chickens.

Reigning champions. FA Cup winners two years ago. Another semi coming up at the weekend. Will the Bobby backers just fuck off.

karen7 said:
at the risk of being shouted down,please can you cut out the mancini bashing for one day,its derby day for fucks sake,get behind the team,tear him a new one tomorrow if we lose

I was not Mancini bashing Karen, I was making the opposite point - I want some continuity, Mancini is a winner and I will be there tonight giving him my full backing, as will the majority of match going Blues - most of the Mancini haters will not be at the match, they will be in here, typing snidey negative comments. Our club has chopped and changed managers far too many times over the last 4 decades. I am 53 and last season was consistently the best football we have played in that time, we need to get that back next season, not throw it away because of 1 relatively poor season.

COME ON CITY

I've always thought if you do something exceptional you earn yourself a pass if the next season goes wrong. Depressing his future is even up for discussion not even a year after we won the league! Not like this season has been spectacularly bad anyway, we'll finish second and maybe win the cup!

If we are so far behind next season and have another CL flop his future is fair game but his work earns a pass for me. Our owners loyalty in times where a lot of others would have sacked him has been great and we got our rewards, I'd hate to end up like Chelsea where it looks like they've pissed off / sacked so many managers they'll either have to go running back to one they sacked, keep one the fans detest or take a mental risk on someone like Moyes.

BringBackSwales said:
karen7 said:
at the risk of being shouted down,please can you cut out the mancini bashing for one day,its derby day for fucks sake,get behind the team,tear him a new one tomorrow if we lose

I was not Mancini bashing Karen, I was making the opposite point - I want some continuity, Mancini is a winner and I will be there tonight giving him my full backing, as will the majority of match going Blues - most of the Mancini haters will not be at the match, they will be in here, typing snidey negative comments. Our club has chopped and changed managers far too many times over the last 4 decades. I am 53 and last season was consistently the best football we have played in that time, we need to get that back next season, not throw it away because of 1 relatively poor season.

COME ON CITY
Outstanding.

BringBackSwales said:
karen7 said:

COME ON CITY

not aimed at you in any way x

moomba said:
NipHolmes said:
Because Chelsea have blown their season early doors and Arsenal have fell off the radar, that's why!

As for 3-5-2. Have you noticed Kolo looks comfortable with 4 at the back, same with Clichy. Have you seen them play when we go with 3 at the back? They suddenly become Reading level defenders. Why? because they have little confidence and understanding of the formation.

Of course. That's a good question but so is a professional manager setting up hsi team so that they can play confidently in other formations. The players clearly weren't comfortable and in-game Mancini changed formations 2-3 times. That's clearly an unstable tactic, any misunderstanding and confusion will lead errors.

How do you know that Mancini didn't put a restriction on them though? Keep shape etc.

-- Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:19 pm --

Pam said:
Reigning champions. FA Cup winners two years ago. Another semi coming up at the weekend. Will the Bobby backers just fuck off.

I wish you would.

Inane diatribe and insults.

Where were you when Jose beat Barcain the cups? Where were you when they resurged?

You went missing, then you return with more bile.<br /><br />-- Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:21 pm --<br /><br />
grim up north said:
Rolee said:
moomba said:

you must not be aware for it to be a plan b, it must have wingers width and pace :-)

United, Bayern, Real and Barca are all successful teams and they employed quuick wide options, why is this?

OB1 said:
moomba said:
NipHolmes said:

Top players should be flexible but it does not mean they don't have limitations and it is the manager's job to identify if that is the case and manage accordingly. It is the manager who has to ensure his players are properly prepared.

If Kolo and Clichys limitations are that they aren't capable of playing a formation other than 442 we probably need to start looking for replacements.

Managers are judged on results and successes, and ultimately Mancini will carry the can for things that don't work. But my problem with a lot of the argument on here is that people don't look beyond Mancini when handing out the blame and for me a lot of the blame goes to players failing to carry out pretty basic football functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.