Manu Garcia (on loan at Breda)

Discussion in 'Player Performances' started by Ric, 11 Jan 2017.

1. Dax777

Dax777

In fairness I too thought he was the better Garcia. But then again I have found that our fan base in general tend to value DMs higher than they do other positions.

For example in my experience of City fans ( and perhaps English fans in general) they tend to rank CBs and DMs ( or as is often put, "the guy protecting the back 4") higher than other positions. I don't know why, but you get an extra point for play ing those positions it seems.

Just an unscientific observation of mine. So I wasn't surprised that Aleix was deemed better than Manu the moment I saw their natural positions.

Overtime I became more impressed with Aleix, but my initial thought back then was that Manu was by far the more talented footballer. At the time!

2. Josh_D

Josh_D

You're somewhat right. Manu has more talent than Aleix. However, it seems Aleix seems more like the mature player and it's possible positions have something to do with it. Too many talented young midfielders in the youth set up and first team. Very tough position.

3. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

I didnt make that comment based on talent,it was made in respect to the fact some were comparing apples with oranges.

Manu,now he has been provided with an opportunity to play consistently in a more demanding setting,is beginning to realise the early potential he undoutedly posesses.A better loan is needed next season.

4. Dax777

Dax777

For some reason, I actually thought we had sold him.

5. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

He's only just turned 19,plenty of time to see how he develops yet.

6. Ric

Ric

7. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

Yep,he appears very grounded with a great attitude and a desire to better himself.

This loan is working well for him,which is a complete contrast to the first half of his season in Spain - Its difficult to predict his future success,but at the very least this kid will earn us a few quid.

8. Gaudion M

Gaudion M

He was a very exciting player in the EDS but with Diaz and Sancho now coming through it seems the bar has been raised again. A sale with a low buy back clause might suit all parties.

9. FantasyIreland

FantasyIreland

8th assist today.

10. pee dubya

pee dubya

________
    Into a two legged play-off against Nijmegen, win that and they're into the Eredivisie.