Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by uwe rosler 28, 4 Nov 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uwe rosler 28

uwe rosler 28

The way I see it manuel got his tactics right got his shape right and got his selection right his substitutes were also the right call he wanted to kill the game off with a 2nd goal and went a bit more attacking against 10 men that were doing nothing going forward he done the same thing that everyone said jose should have done the week before. I have questioned manuel and will continue to when he gets it wrong but for me he got everything spot on sunday!

2. Paul_Powers_Tash

Paul_Powers_Tash

Re: Manuel Pellegrini

He's missed most of preseason and most of the current season through injury. Anyone who saw him on Wednesday against Newcastle could see how far away from being ready for the derby he is. Let's give him game time in one of our mosty important games of the season though.

3. moomba

moomba

I didn't see anything in Milner that indicated he was out of gas. But my criticisms of the subs weren't limited to taking Milner off, I've said on here a few times that I don't know if he had a knock or needed to go off so I won't criticise MP for doing that.

It left us too open, too many players that don't provide good enough defensive pressure. As for the subs I would have made, well ideally as we were in full control of the game I would have made none. Maybe would have looked at Nasri for Navas. If there were indications that players were tiring (lets presume Jovetic and Milner) I would have brought on Fernandinho and Nasri. Pretty much the formation it ended up as after MP realised his mistake and brought Fernandinho on to try and get back control of the game.

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

Worshipping the great bald one

The two ferns in midfield, Dzeko in the no 10 position (exactly where he was when Aguero was on the pitch) and Yaya as our no.9?
    I just don't see your point here mate.

5. moomba

moomba

Why would Yaya be playing forward of Dzeko (or Aguero as he would have still been on the pitch instead of Dzeko)?

6. aguero93:20

That's where he was playing after Dinho came on. Think of the two chances he had, the turn and shot and the header and if you don't believe me go back and watch it again.

7. moomba

moomba

He wasnt playing up front. Remember the two incidents you mention but he was playing through the midfield IMO. A lot more freedom to get forward though, twice in the last 5 minutes I watched him amble back into the midfield , which he eventually did. Will watch last 5 minutes again though.

8. aguero93:20

He was definitely not playing in midfield. Dzeko spent more time in the midfield than he did.

9. Tbilisi

Tbilisi

Getting bricked at Leeds after Donachie scored

He looked to me to have a free role,wandering between the two areas,to great effect.

Hes best up the field,cant understand him ever being in our half.

10. Re: Manuel Pellegrini

Those substitutes were akin to a father's child sitting on his laptop mid game in football manager.

Unexplainable.

Our tactics all season have left a lot to be desired, we've never had a squad capable of playing 442 at the highest level and we won the league with a great run of form, coincidently with Silva playing the number 10 role behind Dzeko last season. Frustrating.

If we refuse to analyse our opponents and set up with them somewhat in mind, we'll continue to stumble and be exploited.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.