Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
grim up north said:
Sergi0 Na5r1 said:
Real are right now losing 1-0 to Bilbao continuing their poor form since New Years. Players getting booed at half time and the media was already turning on Carlo before the match started.

I hope we're ready to sign him up. He's probably finished this summer if they don't hold on to the league and CL.

With the money he has spent and talent at his disposable should be walking that league and CL.......
To be fair they have had some pretty long injuries to important players (Modric, Ramos, Pepe, James). Bale is in poor form. They also got rid of many of their bench players and replaced them with some signings like Illara and Chicha that have flopped or not been given enough time due to their big name players. Poor planning by Perez and club management.

Now compare that to what happened to us this season. And include restrictions by fair play rules. And what do we think? It's bad tactics and we should replace Pellegrini. Fuck me...

Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
supercity88 said:
Simeone plays Mourinho style defensive lines and concentrates on defence first. If you want to see Silva, Nasri etc running themselves into the ground tirelessly and defending for most of the game then fine... he isn't a manager I want to see at the club and he will not allow our best players to play their natural games. He's done well with Atletico but he won't help the progress of our younger players, he won't embrace the tactics we've taught through the whole club. Ancelotti or Guardiola are the only two who might. Possibly Klopp as well. Perhaps Simeone would change style at a different club but let's let him go elsewhere first to find out.

So lets say you're wrong and he turns Arsenal into a major European force, and a deadly domestic rival?

We can't have every good manager out there.

Btw huge game for Simeone this weekend. They're out of the title race and Valencia are a point behind them. Who do they play this weekend. Valencia.

Lose and they're not in a CL spot anymore. Be quite a fall from champions to the Europa league.

He lost three of his best players in the summer, meanwhile all the teams around him strengthened.

Gimenez, Torres and Koke are the future for that team.

NipHolmes said:
Mister Appointment said:
hgblue said:
So lets say you're wrong and he turns Arsenal into a major European force, and a deadly domestic rival?

Btw huge game for Simeone this weekend. They're out of the title race and Valencia are a point behind them. Who do they play this weekend. Valencia.

Lose and they're not in a CL spot anymore. Be quite a fall from champions to the Europa league.

He lost three of his best players in the summer, meanwhile all the teams around him strengthened.

They will probably lose at least one of them in the summer as well, their debt is too big to refuse a big transfer offer.

sam-caddick said:
NipHolmes said:
Mister Appointment said:

They will probably lose at least one of them in the summer as well, their debt is too big to refuse a big transfer offer.
Athletico recently had a huge injection of cash by a Chinese Billionaire so I think their debt problems are probably a thing of the past.

whicko said:
sam-caddick said:
NipHolmes said:

Athletico recently had a huge injection of cash by a Chinese Billionaire so I think their debt problems are probably a thing of the past.

From what I read the debt won't go away, a lot of the investment is for player recruitment.

sam-caddick said:
whicko said:
sam-caddick said:

From what I read the debt won't go away, a lot of the investment is for player recruitment.

wont that make them get into troublle with FFP?

bluechampion7891 said:
sam-caddick said:
whicko said:

wont that make them get into troublle with FFP?

I don't know, but I don't think that the debt will be affected greatly by the Chinese investment, that's from what I heard anyway.

Atletico are a selling club, they proved it once again by selling half their team pretty much to Chelsea last summer despite winning La Liga and reaching the Champions League final.

Posed this in another thread, probably belongs here though.

zimmerman said:
I've never been convinced by Pellegrini TBH. I posted here after the sunderland home game last season that we'd never win the league under him. I'm delighted that he proved me wrong and, as I said back then, he comes across as a gentleman and represents the club well.

However, I think that the league win just masked over Pellegrini's faults. We were told when he arrived that he was some kind of tactical genius, that Guardiola based a lot of his Barcelona tactics on how Pellegrini set up Villarreal. The reality is that he's shown himself to be anything but a tactical guru, the opposite in fact. He sets his team up with 4-4-2 no matter who the opposition are (and whatever their strengths are), just sits back and watches the game unfold. He's so passive on the sideline, I've very rarely seen him making a game changing tactical move.

We were also told that Pellegrini's teams were pressing teams that believed in the 6 second rule. This has been the biggest disappointment IMO, I was really looking forward to seeing this at City but there has been zero evidence of it.

Some here are blaming the players and they have to take their share of the blame, no doubt. But the players form and mentality is a product of the manager. Kompany has gone from possibility the best defender in Europe under Mancini to a walking mistake under Pellegrini. Its not just this year either, he was poor enough last season too. Nastastic, one of the most promising young defenders in Europe under Mancini to being shipped out on loan and looking to be shipped out for good. Our defense has gone from the best in the league three years running to an absolute shambles.

Our midfield is non existent. Anyone that sends out Milner and Fernando in a two man midfield v Iniesta Busquets and Rakitic is nearly asking to be sacked. This duo was destroyed by Middlesbough a few weeks beforehand. I dread to think where we'd be only for Silva and Aguero.

He never learns from his mistakes which is the worrying thing. Does anyone think that if we faced Barca under Pellegrini again next season that he wouldn't set the team up in exactly the same way?

His record in big games is appalling. The best teams know exactly how to play against us as we're so predictable. In nearly too years how many of the big games has he won? Being generous I'd say 4. Arsenal and Liverpool at home and Everton away last season, Roma away this season. That is simply not good enough.

Add in the fact that the poor teams now also know exactly what to do against us and you can see why the season is going how its going. Our home record this season is pathetic. The place used to be a fortress, now we're being humbled by the likes of Hull, Middlesbough, Newcastle, CSKA, Stoke, Burnley, etc. Our cup record is also unacceptable, going out of 3 out of 4 cups at home, 2 of those against lower league opposition.

I can only see it getting worse next season with him in charge. The players know that the tactics make it impossible to compete in Europe and seriously hinders them in the league. How long will the likes of Silva and Aguero put up with this?

The lack of viable replacements is a worry. If Pep isn't available, its probably Ancelotti. Not convinced he'll be gone from Madrid in the summer and his league record isn't that impressive (unlike his CL record). Then you're maybe looking at Klopp. Not totally convinced by him or that he'll leave Dortmund.

TBH, although it would be a huge gamble, I'd give Vieira a go over another season with Pellegrini. At least we'd see some youngsters get a go. Whats the point in investing vast amounts in youth infrastructure and recruitment if none of them are even getting a chance, even in the cups? Another tale we were sold about Pellegrini giving youth its go has proved to be false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.