Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mister Appointment said:
Duncan Castles (behind the times pay wall).

Chilean likely to be shown the door after club's domestic and European campaigns fall flat
Duncan Castles Published: 8 March 2015

MANUEL PELLEGRINI’S position as Manchester City manager is growing increasingly precarious. Executives at the Premier League champions are working on an end-of-season succession plan should the Chilean fail to turn around what threatens to become a barren campaign in Europe and at home

In a repeat of the process in which Pellegrini was identified as Roberto Mancini’s replacement in early 2013, City’s director of football, Txiki Begiristain, is preparing for a change. It is understood Begiristain has grown dissatisfied with 61-year-old Pellegrini’s inconsistency in determining the team’s style of play and his handling of the most expensively assembled squad in English football.

The Spaniard feels City would be better served by a younger, more dynamic coach. Fundamental to the Begiristain blueprint is that City’s next manager has a clear concept of how the team should function to succeed in the Premier League and Champions League.

If anyone has a sub I'd be interested to know what names he floats. The fact Castles lives in Mourinho's ring piece means we should be careful how we treat this article.
Surely the rags now have the most expensively assembled squad?

Wouldn't exactly trust Castles but he does seem to have sources. That piece does appear very speculative; certainly when it comes to names in the frame where he has completely ignored some key parts of the profile.

If we are heading for a change this summer, my current thought is that it needs to be Klopp: I don't see Pep ducking out of his Munich contract early.

kenzie115 said:
Mister Appointment said:

Chilean likely to be shown the door after club's domestic and European campaigns fall flat

MANUEL PELLEGRINI’S position as Manchester City manager is growing increasingly precarious. Executives at the Premier League champions are working on an end-of-season succession plan should the Chilean fail to turn around what threatens to become a barren campaign in Europe and at home

In a repeat of the process in which Pellegrini was identified as Roberto Mancini’s replacement in early 2013, City’s director of football, Txiki Begiristain, is preparing for a change. It is understood Begiristain has grown dissatisfied with 61-year-old Pellegrini’s inconsistency in determining the team’s style of play and his handling of the most expensively assembled squad in English football.

The Spaniard feels City would be better served by a younger, more dynamic coach. Fundamental to the Begiristain blueprint is that City’s next manager has a clear concept of how the team should function to succeed in the Premier League and Champions League.

If anyone has a sub I'd be interested to know what names he floats. The fact Castles lives in Mourinho's ring piece means we should be careful how we treat this article.
Surely the rags now have the most expensively assembled squad?
They do, which makes you wonder at the veracity of the rest of it.

Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 59m59 minutes ago
Txiki Begiristain feels City would be better served by a younger and more dynamic coach - what, like Roberto Mancini?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1528127.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... 528127.ece</a>

Interesting..

BlueDejong said:
Richard Keys ‏@richardajkeys 59m59 minutes ago
Txiki Begiristain feels City would be better served by a younger and more dynamic coach - what, like Roberto Mancini?

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/football/Premiership/article1528127.ece" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/spo ... 528127.ece</a>

Interesting..
Just seen that myself .
Very interesting .

baildon blue said:
BlueDejong said:

Interesting..
Just seen that myself .
Very interesting .
Think its now very common knowledge that if pep is available our owners will be goin after him to replace pellers this summer and our top chiefs will know peps plans now

pml79 said:
baildon blue said:
BlueDejong said:
Interesting..
Just seen that myself .
Very interesting .
Think its now very common knowledge that if pep is available our owners will be goin after him to replace pellers this summer and our top chiefs will know peps plans now

I'm not sure that Pep knows what Pep's plans are just now.

Mister Appointment said:

Well I'm pretty sure the highlighted bit is bollocks, surely that honour goes to VG ? though I'm sure somebody will correct me if I'm wrong.

bluesoup said:
Maybe and this is a random thought, it's time to replace Brian Kidd with Viera?

Nah, Vieira is more use coaching the EDS than handing out fruit pastilles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.