Manuel Pellegrini (cont)

Status
Not open for further replies.
mosssideblue said:
schfc6 said:
de niro said:
hard for some i'm sure but despite pellers being an able manager both jose and sir bob bury him.

I assume you mean Mancini? I'm a huge Mancini fan but if he were still in charge we wouldn't be in the top 4. He or his ego was destroying the squad. With FFP we wouldn't have been able to sustain the internal damage he was causing.

As for Mourinho, the 'Special one' finished 3rd last year. He wins when he has all the best players, he pretty much sent Inter into bankruptcy, won one league with the World's most expensive squad.

His histrionics are embarrassing, I know you are a loyal fan of City and I'm sure you wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

He's had no injuries, we couldn't have been hit much harder, we had to play the hardest period of the season with no fit strikers, our captain missing and players struggling for form. We've now missed our most influential player for a month playing some very important games.

Would Chelsea be 5 points ahead of us if they'd have played 6 weeks without Hazard? 6 weeks without Fabregas? 6 weeks without Terry? 6 weeks without Costa, Drogba & Remy?
Most of them at the same or similar time.

I think we've been very unlucky with injury, not in terms of numbers but in terms of importance to the team, yet are just 5 points behind.

Toure and Bony to return soon, Silva back fully fit, Kompany & Aguero back and fully fit. Nasri back soon.

Pellegrini has rarely moaned about injury, or some very odd referring decisions, Mourinho's humiliating attempts to manipulate the media, the officials and constantly carries himself with a calm and steadiness that I've rarely seen.

He's made mistakes, all managers do, but he rarely gets credit for the intelligence shown. Take the two Chelsea games, he took a huge risk playing Mangala at home, he knew they'd be cuing up to slaughter him if it went wrong, it didn't, it was an excellent call, did he get much credit? Nope.
Yesterday, he picks Sagna over Zabaleta, a huge call, again imagine the uproar had it back fired, again he'd have been slaughtered, where's the credit? Sagna was largely excellent and kept Hazard very quiet.

Pellegrini might not puff his chest out, talk shite all week but he makes big calls. Leaving Zabaleta out, playing Sagna was a great idea. Is he backed? No. He's noticed that Zabaleta has been poor for weeks, he did something about it.

I think he's the best manager in the league. We'll win the league or go very close again.

Great Post. Good arguments well put. No doubt the Bob lovers will try and pull it to pieces though.

It is a good post, it's pretty how much I see it. All I hear and read is that mourinho is the best manager in the league, but once they get a few key players injured they look bang average. That's what we've been dealing with all season, only to be still in touching distance of chelsea. If we manage to get our key players all fully fit for the rest of the season, we will see the return of our attractive attacking football which has been missing all season.

schfc6 said:
de niro said:
hard for some i'm sure but despite pellers being an able manager both jose and sir bob bury him.

I assume you mean Mancini? I'm a huge Mancini fan but if he were still in charge we wouldn't be in the top 4. He or his ego was destroying the squad. With FFP we wouldn't have been able to sustain the internal damage he was causing.

As for Mourinho, the 'Special one' finished 3rd last year. He wins when he has all the best players, he pretty much sent Inter into bankruptcy, won one league with the World's most expensive squad.

His histrionics are embarrassing, I know you are a loyal fan of City and I'm sure you wouldn't want him anywhere near our club.

He's had no injuries, we couldn't have been hit much harder, we had to play the hardest period of the season with no fit strikers, our captain missing and players struggling for form. We've now missed our most influential player for a month playing some very important games.

Would Chelsea be 5 points ahead of us if they'd have played 6 weeks without Hazard? 6 weeks without Fabregas? 6 weeks without Terry? 6 weeks without Costa, Drogba & Remy?

I think we've been very unlucky with injury, not in terms of numbers but in terms of importance to the team, yet are just 5 points behind.

Toure and Bony to return soon, Silva back fully fit, Kompany & Aguero back and fully fit. Nasri back soon.

Pellegrini has rarely moaned about injury, or some very odd referring decisions, Mourinho's humiliating attempts to manipulate the media, the officials and constantly carries himself with a calm and steadiness that I've rarely seen.

He's made mistakes, all managers do, but he rarely gets credit for the intelligence shown. Take the two Chelsea games, he took a huge risk playing Mangala at home, he knew they'd be cuing up to slaughter him if it went wrong, it didn't, it was an excellent call, did he get much credit? Nope.
Yesterday, he picks Sagna over Zabaleta, a huge call, again imagine the uproar had it back fired, again he'd have been slaughtered, where's the credit? Sagna was largely excellent and kept Hazard very quiet.

Pellegrini might not puff his chest out, talk shite all week but he makes big calls. Leaving Zabaleta out, playing Sagna was a great idea. Is he backed? No. He's noticed that Zabaleta has been poor for weeks, he did something about it.

I think he's the best manager in the league. We'll win the league or go very close again.

Great post - well said

grim up north said:
mastermind said:
richards30 said:
You do realise we dominated against them and chances missed like sergios arent the managers fault?? I'll always love mancini for the players he brought to us and at the time the mentality but manuel has brought a professional calmness to the club and it was very much needed at the time!

You don't get it do you. They were knackered ! They made us look good.

Had Pellegrini picked the right team, we'd have won the game not just taken 1 point.

5 points behind Result Grinders Chelsea FC is too much at this stage of the season.

Title is gone.

Aw bless finely tuned athletes knackered after playing 120 mins of football last Tuesday,

You are deluded

No, he is a mastermind.

grim up north said:
mastermind said:
richards30 said:
You do realise we dominated against them and chances missed like sergios arent the managers fault?? I'll always love mancini for the players he brought to us and at the time the mentality but manuel has brought a professional calmness to the club and it was very much needed at the time!

You don't get it do you. They were knackered ! They made us look good.

Had Pellegrini picked the right team, we'd have won the game not just taken 1 point.

5 points behind Result Grinders Chelsea FC is too much at this stage of the season.

Title is gone.

Aw bless finely tuned athletes knackered after playing 120 mins of football last Tuesday,

You are deluded

He's a rag, what do you expect

de niro said:
mastermind said:
As far as I'm concerned , we lost the title yesterday.

They weren't 100% fit and missed the likes of Fabregas and Costa.

They were there for the taking but Pellegrini's tactics yet again let us down.

no way did we lose the title, in fact i think we now look more likely to win it. pellers didn't help our cause though. with a full yeam out we'll be fine.

On a wind up or chatting shit again De Niro - obviously having a shit day so you're on a WUM - Pellers is miles better than St. Bob and has proved it - we are still in the race against a far superior team than the RAGs this time round. He did the right thing yesterday and we were unlucky not to win. Simples

Manchester_lalala said:
mosssideblue said:
schfc6 said:

Great Post. Good arguments well put. No doubt the Bob lovers will try and pull it to pieces though.

It is a good post, it's pretty how much I see it. All I hear and read is that mourinho is the best manager in the league, but once they get a few key players injured they look bang average. That's what we've been dealing with all season, only to be still in touching distance of chelsea. If we manage to get our key players all fully fit for the rest of the season, we will see the return of our attractive attacking football which has been missing all season.

i think this is the crux of the matter and of the season. all teams get injuries but even when we do pellers still rotates. i accept he's no lemon but never in a million years would jose do that. i dont want him at our club but history tells you he is a much better manager. he's a trophy winning machine. squad v squad and assuming picks the best 11 we should still win the title. if he still fucks about with the defence we wont. simples. chelsea were weak last year hence our title win, this year we simply can't give points away as we did yesterday. mancini 100% would have won that.

de niro said:
Manchester_lalala said:
mosssideblue said:

i think this is the crux of the matter and of the season. all teams get injuries but even when we do pellers still rotates. i accept he's no lemon but never in a million years would jose do that. i dont want him at our club but history tells you he is a much better manager. he's a trophy winning machine. squad v squad and assuming picks the best 11 we should still win the title. if he still fucks about with the defence we wont. simples. chelsea were weak last year hence our title win, this year we simply can't give points away as we did yesterday. mancini 100% would have won that.

I don't know they say your only as good as your last game well MOANinho has won fuck all in the last 2 years!

Mancini would not have won that game yesterday - as he would of set us up to not lose the game. You have to give up on your Mancini love fest De Niro - he ain't as good as you think he is. If he was that good he would be in one of the best jobs in the world. He was great for us for 24 months.

As for Jose - you are right a trophy winner - knows how to get a job done once he has all his tools in order - but never shown the long game yet - Alot of City fans didn't want him. I'm wondering how Roman is feeling today - biggest game shown on TV across the world - and his team were owned and non entertaining - surely pissed on his chips

Well done Pellers - we didn't win but we entertained, I'm hoping we gained a few more admirers -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.