Manuel Pellegrini interview

Same could of been said about Roberto Mancini (who was also tactically inflexible at times) doing an ok job as well. Both managers were eventually"found out".

Mancini delivered our first piece of silverware in 35 years. Won our first title and provided us with the 6-1. I would always edge Mancini over Pellegrini probably mostly for being in the away end in Madrid during that semi which was disgusting.

Mancini delivered our first piece of silverware in 35 years. Won our first title and provided us with the 6-1. I would always edge Mancini over Pellegrini probably mostly for being in the away end in Madrid during that semi which was disgusting.

The FA Cup final against Wigan? His inability to get the better of David Moyes. Failure to get us out of the group stages especially against Ajax (De Boer) and Napoli (Mazzari)

The FA Cup final against Wigan?

Whilst Mancini I am sure is at fault for some of that performance it was interesting hearing Lescott before we lost to Wigan the other week. Lescott didn't play but said it was a weird feeling that before a cup final all the talk was of a new manager and he thinks it got to the players. That wasn't Mancinis fault, Tevez missing a sitter wasn't Mancinis fault and Zabba getting sent off wasn't his fault. Id throw blame more at him for our league campaign that season than that one off game.

It's still partly down to Mancini. Saying that Pellegrini's major fault was the failure to get the team to press for longer periods.

There’s an argument for both and I love both of them.

Fair to say both were great managers, both received some stick off City fans on here, imo Pellers got a lot more stick and it was disgusting what Pellers got.

That said, it’s in the past now, and we have the best manager in the world these days but without the work of firstly Mancini and subsequently Pellers who knows of Pep would even have agreed to come to City.

We’re lucky bastards aren’t we?

Mancini did not get anywhere near the stick that Pellegrini got. The performances dipped after the epic title win, but there is a case that he was not supported in the transfer window. In fact, his sacking was a shock, and his name was sung loud after the news had reached. Compare that with the sent-off Pellegrini got.

Anyways, as you said it's in the past and overall they were both good for the club, and now we have Pep making the greatest league in the world the English equivalent of the Bundesliga.

Mancini did not get anywhere near the stick that Pellegrini got. The performances dipped after the epic title win, but there is a case that he was not supported in the transfer window. In fact, his sacking was a shock, and his name was sung loud after the news had reached. Compare that with the sent-off Pellegrini got.

Anyways, as you said it's in the past and overall they were both good for the club, and now we have Pep making the greatest league in the world the English equivalent of the Bundesliga.

Amen brother.

I still can’t quite believe We are where we are. Nothing lasts forever I suppose so let’s enjoy the next few years.

He was found out in the league (like Conte/Mou) following the title win, and this will be the biggest challenge for Pep next season.
it is not being founding out. it is policy of premier league organiation since richard scudamore in charge-https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/premier-league-likes-idea-chelsea-6885850.
this year is between manchester clubs pep is first mou is 2nd, last year was between two london teams chelsea against tottenham, next year is wenger's last season as in alex ferguson's last year they will give title to wenger, title race will be again two london clubs between arsenal and tottenham, mourinho will have usual third season meltdown and will be sacked and go to psg, rivalry between pep and mou again this time not between manchester clubs or real vs barca but qatar vs uae, and after that in 2019-2020 season pl title race will be between liverpool and city we will win again. simple as that domination of single power is not in interest of pl organisation, but scudamore will give us rewards for our statement-signing best global manager pep guardiola by titles, just not consecutive ones.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.