Manuel Pellegrini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prestwich_Blue said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
cleavers said:
I watched the game again last night too, after the double sub, we spent the first 5 minutes climbing all over united, and had 2 very good chances, before Rooney's run through the centre (not down our left), where nobody put in a proper challenge. It was this that caused the nervous last 15 minutes for me, we suddenly realised the game wasn't over, and started defending desperately rather than cleverly, as we had until then.

Dzeko, whilst he does defend well at corners, was brought on to defend from the front by holding the ball up, and bringing others into it, its a pity he wasn't interested in doing that, I think he managed it once.

Unfortunately we resorted to panic defending, brought on I guess by our recent poor form, rather than using our brains and the space on the pitch to run time down, instead giving the ball back to united far too easily, when we should have keeping possession.

As I have said previously, there was only one possible substitution to make; Fernandinho for Jovetic. This would have given us additional 'legs' in midfield to stop the Rooney threat but also by pushing Yaya further forward I belive it would have improved our attacking capabilities. Two birds with one stone so to speak. Nasri or Dzeko should have never entered into the managers thoughts at that stage of the game. I sincerely hope Pellegrini learns from Sunday.
Nasri needs game time so it should have been him on for Jovetic, who didn't have the best of games. Like for like but Nasri is much better at retaining the ball. If we needed extra legs in midfield then I'd have replaced Navas with Fernandinho.

You think 1-0 up in the Manchester derby is a good opportunity to give a player 'game time'?

Paul_Powers_Tash said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Paul_Powers_Tash said:
As I have said previously, there was only one possible substitution to make; Fernandinho for Jovetic. This would have given us additional 'legs' in midfield to stop the Rooney threat but also by pushing Yaya further forward I belive it would have improved our attacking capabilities. Two birds with one stone so to speak. Nasri or Dzeko should have never entered into the managers thoughts at that stage of the game. I sincerely hope Pellegrini learns from Sunday.
Nasri needs game time so it should have been him on for Jovetic, who didn't have the best of games. Like for like but Nasri is much better at retaining the ball. If we needed extra legs in midfield then I'd have replaced Navas with Fernandinho.

You think 1-0 up in the Manchester derby is a good opportunity to give a player 'game time'?
We're not talking about some 18 year old out of the academy but an experienced international who's been injured for a cuple of weeks and has won 2 PL titles in 3 years. Who also scored in last season's game.

Id have hated to have seen some of the comments had we dropped any points against the rags if its like this when we have just beaten them AGAIN!

blueinsa said:
Id have hated to have seen some of the comments had we dropped any points against the rags if its like this when we have just beaten them AGAIN!

It would have been carnage had we conceded an equaliser. Don't think anyone could complain if it was either.

moomba said:
blueinsa said:

It would have been carnage had we conceded an equaliser. Don't think anyone could complain if it was either.

We could have a discussion about inept refereeing?

blueinsa said:

I'm off to discuss this with Anjem Choudary - he seems reasonable and open to discussing differences of opinion.

aguero93:20 said:
moomba said:
blueinsa said:

I'm sure the subject would have come up.

moomba said:
moomba said:

As by far and away the most pivotal factor in us (hypothetically) having dropped points I'm sure it would have been mentioned, however I don't think it would have been the main topic of discussion.

moomba said:

As by far and away the most pivotal factor in us (hypothetically) having dropped points I'm sure it would have been mentioned, however I don't think it would have been the main topic of discussion.

Probably not, but whats there to discuss about the ref. He was shit and I don't think anyone can argue against that. Questions would rightly be asked of our last 20 minutes though if we did concede. Just pleased that we didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.