Marc-Andre ter Stegen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take Joe's leadership and voice out of the dressing room and we lose more than just a GK. Hardly got any leaders on the pitch as it is. Needs to be retained.

Thing people aren't realizing is say joe gets injured for months and some want rob green or someone of that ilk to be in goals for us!?!!

Thing people aren't realizing is say joe gets injured for months and some want rob green or someone of that ilk to be in goals for us!?!!
This all day long.
Blimey BM nearly went into meltdown when it was announced Caballero would play the League Cup final.
Look at Chavski, Begovic starts tonight. Ok not many teams have that sort of number 2 keeper but if we are going to play 50 games plus next season (here's hoping) then we need quality back-up in all areas.

I don't think Stegen would be prepared to come here as Harts backup, ready to step in if Hart gets injured.

He's kicking off about lack of games at Barca.

If he comes he's been promised a start I'm sure.

I don't think Stegen would be prepared to come here as Harts backup, ready to step in if Hart gets injured.

Agreed if he won't sit on the bench at barca he sure won't here.

Joe should rightly start off as number one if Stegen comes anyway! Had a great season and currently the man in possession of city's number one

They won't even get into a useful position from throw ins so I fail to see how any goalkeeper would have been pinging passes around our back line with success anyway. Chances are it would just lead to a decent collection of YouTube howlers.

I get what people have said about Hart but give him either the chance to play with a willing set of players or at least for Pep's first hand judgement.
Okay maybe Hart can do it or maybe not. We don't know, he has neither had the opportunity nor a system that supports it. But what's the downside to bringing in someone who the coach knows already understands the concepts? Just in case Joe doesn't take to it. It is insurance, no?

The objections to this are often emotional. I get it, we all love Joe but unless we'd rather not have Pep and rather do it our own way. What's with the objections to his ideas (assuming here that they are his, I doubt Txiki is acting without reason here).

If we get him, let them compete, and if he beats Joe, so be it. If not, then better for us, now we have a backup who can step in without much of a dropoff.

I doubt that. Joe is no chump. He lost the battle for starter at Barca. So he has incentive to try somewhere else. Yes, Joe's position is under threat. But Steegen wouldn't be promised shit either. He has to earn it.

Okay maybe Hart can do it or maybe not. We don't know, he has neither had the opportunity nor a system that supports it. But what's the downside to bringing in someone who the coach knows already understands the concepts? Just in case Joe doesn't take to it. It is insurance, no?

The objections to this are often emotional. I get it, we all love Joe but unless we'd rather not have Pep and rather do it our own way. What's with the objections to his ideas (assuming here that they are his, I doubt Txiki is acting without reason here).

If we get him, let them compete, and if he beats Joe, so be it. If not, then better for us, now we have a backup who can step in without much of a dropoff.

Not opposed to the idea of bringing in another keeper at all. I just disagree with those who have said Hart can't play a certain style or that Pep won't like him when he's not said anything to that effect or even that Hart's distribution has been severely costing us.

Competition is always a positive thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.