March Madness

I like NBA, impressive athletes

PA-11258783-310x415.jpg

Basketball is a great game. The athleticism from these guys is quite remarkable.

It's not a big thing in the UK so therefore it's dismissed - sporting snobbery at its best.

PA-11258783-310x415.jpg

Basketball is a great game. The athleticism from these guys is quite remarkable.

It's not a big thing in the UK so therefore it's dismissed - sporting snobbery at its best.
I wouldn't dispute their athletic ability but I think it would be a much more interesting spectator sport if the court was significantly bigger.

Funny how alot of people in england call it a girls game, yet in america alot would call football/soccer a girls game.

I was a basketball coach for a junior team which ran from aged around 6 up to 16. Was the highlight of many weekends and some of the games we had were fantastic. Overall the sport is more technical than football and the skill levels are much higher. People who have never watched a game live will immediately dismiss this but get down and watch Manchester Giants. The skill these guys have and their interplay is awesome. Football produces many skilled players but they mainly play at the top teams. Basketball has many skilled players even at lower levels.

I get why people don't like it but if you think it's like netball you should get out on court for 40 minutes and if you could manage to run up and down for that long! And for a non contact sport it's pretty brutal.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.