Marco Van Basten

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by jimharri, 19 Jan 2017.

1. 01cravend

01cravend

Sounds like rules made up by a nutty American who has never watched a game in his life.. Ditch the suit and go and watch hockey you fantastic clueless C**t

2. City_Sean

City_Sean

These new proposals would absolutely kill the game.

3. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

It might be a good idea, or spiffing wheeze, to have the posts on some kind of ratchet, so that with each five mins after, say 80, they get lifted up by another foot. Mind with our strike rate at the moment they might be up to fifteen feet before we got one.

4. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

It would not bear the slightest comparison with any of the thousands of games I've watched. I think it would be time to call it a day and get my chess set out!

Why is it that these Uefa and FICKFUFA apparatchiks come up with the most absurd ideas when the crying needs in the game are startlingly obvious to anyone standing on the terraces. It needs 'tidying' up and the current Laws of the Game applied as they are written and The FArce reinforcing them without fear nor favour of any team regardless of shirt colour.

If anyone had come up with that kind of bollox when Van Basten was playing he'd still be laughing off his cock!

5. SPIDERBOY

SPIDERBOY

Are they testing this "no offside" in Rag games?.....seems to be working well.

6. ZZmaestro

ZZmaestro

Beer & pickled eggs
    I am still surprised he has not yet proposed to increase the actual goal size from 24 ft to 50 ft, in order to " spice " the game as per say.

7. Blue Hefner

Blue Hefner

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was tried for one game. The final score was 1-0

8. jimharri

jimharri

Occasional idiot
    I didn't say anything about more goals. The midfield area would probably get less congested as the high offside line (say, 40 yards from goal) would disappear, meaning less bodies in that middle third as defences would have to sit deeper.

9. BigOscar

BigOscar

My brother swears by the idea that in extra time both teams should lose a player every 10 minutes until someone scores. Not convinced myself, but I imagine Marco would love the idea

On a serious note, just taking all the wiggle room out of the offside and handball rules are the most important thing that needs doing

10. Paul Lake's Left Knee

Paul Lake's Left Knee

I prefer to remember him for this, still one of my favourite none City goals. Pure magic.