Mark Clattenburg

hihosilva

Team supported
Manchester City
Referee's get a lot of stick when they get decisions wrong but you don't hear much when they get it right. I thought Mark Clattenburg refereed the match last night brilliantly. He was always in great positions to make important decisions and kept playing the advantage when ever he could.
With the high stakes & intensity of that game & with players & management constantly in his ear many refs would have lost total control & sent 3 or 4 players off but i thought he used his discretion well.
Well done Mark Clattenburg!

Did he keep control though? There were tackles flying everywhere last night, and a few players could have had second yellow cards. Some yellow cards were borderline red also.

Chelsea were always going to come in for some hard stuff after their players announced they wanted Leicester to win the league, but I thought Spurs played into their hands and took their eyes off the most important objective.

There was a lot going on though, and it is impossible for the referee to see everything, so I suppose he did OK.

Who was Spurs' leader on the pitch? The guy trying to keep them focused, and away from the side show? Whoever it was, they didn't do a very good job.

On a separate issue, City and Spurs are the only Premier League teams whose players have not been issued with a red card this season, albeit Spurs have had Alli retrospectively banned and face bans for possibly one or two more players.

Last edited:
Thought he took a sensible approach to the game and chose to ignore certain incidents which should have resulted in several sending-offs. Shame he is not consistent, and loves the hight profile which last night's game certainly provided

He was utterly useless last night and he is incredibly fortunate that no one got hurt as a result of his cowardice. The rules of the game are there for a reason and as a referee you can't just ignore them because you don't think you can handle the backlash. He completely bottled it and I can't believe you'd praise him for that. He lost complete control of the game by refusing to apply the rules and as a result a series of terrible and dangerous tackles went unpunished. One of the worst refereeing performances I've ever seen, he just completely bottled it

He "ignored" quite a few things where other refs would have 'missed' them. Still a cocky fucker in my eyes the way he ponces and prances around, still all about him at the end of the day.

Did he keep control though? There were tackles flying everywhere last night, and a few players could have had second yellow cards. Some yellow cards were borderline red also.

Chelsea were always going to come in for some hard stuff after their players announced they wanted Leicester to win the league, but I thought Spurs played into their hands and took their eyes off the most important objective.

There was a lot going on though, and it is impossible for the referee to see everything, so I suppose he did OK.

Who was Spurs' leader on the pitch? The guy trying to keep them focused, and away from the side show? Whoever it was, they didn't do a very good job.

On a separate issue, City and Spurs are the only Premier League teams whose players have not been issued with a red card this season, albeit Spurs have had Alli retrospectively banned and face bans for possibly one or two more players.

Spurs can dish it out when they want too. Rose can be a provocative little twat as he proved at the Etihad and any team managed by Pochetino can look after themselves.

Tough shit anyway after the points were gifted to them by Clattenburg who is a complete cnut and arrogant with it.

I don't think he missed them he just took into account the intensity of the match and used his discretion.

Ahhhh, got to love a bit of discretion in a competition where his discretion can mean a team missing an important player and dropping points whilst his discretion allows someone else off and he goes on to win his side points.

Love a bit of discretion from the refs, much better than applying the laws of the game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.