Mark Clattenburg

I quite enjoyed the game last night and Clattenburgs somewhat bizarre refereeing performance added to the occasion. The thing is, it isn't his job to add to the occasion, it's to referee the game within the laws, the FA guidelines and in a fair and impartial manner and, imo, he failed for the most part to do that and, in doing so, left players open to serious injury. Obviously we don't know what his expectations are from his assistants but personally, as a minimum requirement, I'd expect mine to be able to see. The guy last night missed or chose to miss both Walkers kick and Dembeles eye gouge both of which were straight reds and occurred right in front of him. Was the linesman the same guy who missed the offsides when we played them at WHL? Overall I thought Clattenburg never took control of the game when it first started to get out of hand. He must have known what was coming, you always have a clue when Costa's playing but he allowed the players to get away with murder at times.

A few things stand out for me about last night;
1. Clattenburg decided not to send anyone off. This is a referee deciding to control a game differently to other games.
2. Are refs supposed to get involved in confrontations?
3. Are we all supposed to pretend that Walker didn't throw snot/blood at Costa because it doesn't fit the picture they want to paint of Spurs/England.

I think he had the right approach to not get in to the bookings too early but it backfired as the players who committed the earlier fouls (namely Rose and Walker) didnt heed the warning and continued to commit bad fouls and the whole game descended in to a kicking match.
He was on a hiding to nothing, Spurs went in to that game with a bad mentality and were going to kick fuck out of chelsea no matter. They are to blame, nto the ref.

Had the title in his hands, and I'm surprised he missed the opportunity to make himself the center of attention. Obviously well paid as usual to make sure things panned out as they did (the bent fucker)

That last one is as dangerous and late as a "tackle" gets and he didn't even get a booking as it would have meant a second yellow.

Meanwhile he will book and send off other players costing teams suspensions/loss of points etc for far far less.

Its not discretion or him accepting the passion of a derby game, its him completely failing to do his job which is apply the laws of the game fairly.

hihosilva - you have exposed yourself as an idiot so do yourself a favour and stop posting such drivel.
If another referee had took that game and sent 4 players off many would be saying he spoilt the game and lost control.Why do you think Clattenburg is regarded as the best referee in the country and represents England in the Champions league.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.