Mark Hughes.... Did it seem right??

scorer said:
just about his lack of success and ineptitude (IMO).

TBH I would say Blackburn have been more succesful than us in recent years and they have finished above us in every season Hughes was in charge there, give him time and more than six games

scorer said:
just about his lack of success and ineptitude (IMO).

TBH I would say Blackburn have been more succesful than us in recent years and they have finished above us in every season Hughes was in charge there, give him time and more than six games

Ducado said:
Some on here want him to fail so that they can vindicate their own feelings, aren't some people strange

Not true. I would like him to succeed and prove me wrong, but he won't.

What has he achieved in management?

How many trophies has he lifted as a manager?

Nothing and none are the answers in case you're struggling.

So why did we inherit him? We were looking toward much better qualified individuals, why did that interest ecaporate?

He is not the man for the job!

sky tot said:
very happy with the appointment of hughes.
confident he will do a good job for city.

So am i ....... he should be given a chance ........ wouldn't he just love the time an' chance to show Fergie what he can do!

City played some really good football at Villa , an' Hughes has been exeptionally unlucky with injuries/suspensions etc ....... let's back the guy ..... i wouldn't have blamed him if he'd walked away by now with all the confusion surroundin' the club.

im sick of these threads regarding mark hughes,he`s had 4 competetive games and fans are slagging him.

scorer said:
Ducado said:
Some on here want him to fail so that they can vindicate their own feelings, aren't some people strange

Not true. I would like him to succeed and prove me wrong, but he won't.

What has he achieved in management?

How many trophies has he lifted as a manager?

Nothing and none are the answers in case you're struggling.

So why did we inherit him? We were looking toward much better qualified individuals, why did that interest ecaporate?

He is not the man for the job!

Can you name one of the better quality managers that we were linked to?

I think altho he's an ex-rag, he will actually in time do a better job than Sven did. He will instil much more professionalism into the club and get the players fitter and more focussed imo.

Things were sliding away towards the end of last season and I feel Sven's signings were very hit and miss, for every good one there were 2 bad ones imo.

Bad Sven Signings:

Bojinov - very injury-prone, £6m wasted so far
Benjani - Desperation signing so fair enough, still to prove anything
Caicedo - Lot of money (£3.6m or something) and has so far looked no better than the youngsters already at the club
Bianchi - Waste of money
Garrido - neither here nor there, flaky but not a terrible signing fro £1.5m

Good Sven Signings:

Elano - patchy but no denying a good signing
Petrov - fantastic player who can be patchy but brings a lot of directness to the left side
Corluka - Excellent player

In my opinion Hughes is a more solid and decent manager at spending money wisely, Sven just seemed to be a bit splashy with our money, maybe not all his fault but I do trust Hughes to stand up for the players and for keeping the club in a decent state/structure during these tough times, something I would not trust Sven to do.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.