Mark Hughes.... Did it seem right??

scorer said:
The Fat el Hombre said:
What if we win at sunderland and beat west ham (and its possible), will you carry on being a bitter blue twat or will you get behind the manager and the team

Like I said I would be pleased to eat copious amounts of humble pie (another way of saying i would be happy to be proved wrong) when we lift any trpohy this season or next... assuming Hughes is still here then.

Fair enough. Personally I don't seem to hate the rag managers as much as when they were players, it just seems a little different to me somehow. When they retire from playing in most cases I feel as though the battle is over
and what is done is done, it's just a sport at the end of the day. Getting Hughes in as manager didnt bother me much. I think he could do a great job, then again he might not do well at all, but we'll never know unless we get behind him and give him a chance.

scorer said:
A J Styles said:
Two games, with injuries and people are saying he is not right for the job. You are clowns it takes time to build a team.

Hughes is a good manager and he get's the best out of players like Bellamy, Santa Cruz and McCarthy.

Don't forget savage

I think most 'anti' Hughes posters are saying he's not right for the Club, it's a different thing. Particularly when we've sacked a man with Sven's pedigree in order to bring him here. To me Hughes isn't far off a Roy Keane figure, and I'm pretty certain no-one would want him in charge either!

I can't speak for anyone else but as much as I don't like Hughes I'm under no illusions as to what a fucking mess we'd be in if we sacked him or more likely, he walked.

PistonBlue said:
scorer said:
Don't forget savage

I think most 'anti' Hughes posters are saying he's not right for the Club, it's a different thing. Particularly when we've sacked a man with Sven's pedigree in order to bring him here. To me Hughes isn't far off a Roy Keane figure, and I'm pretty certain no-one would want him in charge either!

I can't speak for anyone else but as much as I don't like Hughes I'm under no illusions as to what a fucking mess we'd be in if we sacked him or more likely, he walked.

Good posts... rasies a conspiracy theory...

Could it be that Shinawatra is an undercover Ushited fan who is destined to see City fall and be mercilessly slaughtered at the alter... Just look at what he has done and is doing to us....

hmmmmmmmm.... I've heard those people in the far east do like the swamp dwellers.

scorer said:
As has been well documented on here i dont like Hughes's appointment.

Nothing to do with him being an ex-rag, just about his lack of success and ineptitude (IMO).

To see him being interviewd on MOTD on Sunday night as Manchester City manager just did not sit comfortably with me at all. He instilled absolutely no confidence nor any flicker any inspiration in me.

Lets see what the next six games brings... if he lasts that long, defeat at home to WHU (and it's possible) and the same away at Sunderland could see his demise early enough in the season for us to recover.

seems to be normal city fan mentality this commment,this kind of mentality will never change for some of you but needs to be.

BOJ JOB said:
It is starting to. I was with you when he was 1st appointed. But given all the sh1t that is going on at the moment, I think we need someone who can stand up for the footballing side of things as he has done, particularly with Charlie and Ireland.

I get the impression he is very methodical and likes things done in a certain way and when he instills that in everyone else, then we will see the benefits.
fully agree. just what we needed.

To me, as soon as he signs that contract with MCFC, hes a blue.

Unless your name ends in Neville

I wasn't happy about the appointment of Hughes at the time, and I'm still not. However I'm not going to jump on the 'sack him' bandwaggon at this point. I've only seen a handful of games, and admitedly I haven't been impressed, but it's still early and we have lost our entire strikeforce to injury and olympic duty.

Rammyblues said:
I too did not want him appointed but had no say in the matter he is at city whether we like it or not. I have warmed considerably towards MH since his dealings with Corluka and Ireland but it is far too early to judge him on the playing side. Couple of reasons

1) The squad currently playing is in the main the same as previous manager with the same inherent problems. Until you fix those problems we are always going to be suspect in results obtained. Because there no MH (type players)or current staff haven't adapted to the MH style.

2) The academy players have always been with club I still believe MH is seeing whether he can save club money by experimenting with players he already has (notwithstanding having to play strikers whom he may not have picked if he had a full strength squad to chose from.

3) Young inexperienced players (Evans, Studge, Etuhu, Onouha and even Fernandes and Corluka) are still young in comparison and are prone to make mistakes one hopes that by learing from those mistakes they will gain the necessary experience to avoid making them in the future.

4) What MH needs is for everyone irrespective of whether you wanted him here or not to cut him some slack and let him get on with managing the club, if that results in some defeats I have no doubt he will turn it around and we will eventually see the benefits of it with some victories. Last season we started well but finished poorly, just going off one two or three games is not enough if we start badly we may finish well, the premiership is a marathon not a sprint.

Finally if all the doomongers on here and the anti Hughes brigade get what they want and MH leaves after three games (bearing in mind Window shuts on 1/9/08 and Sunderland game on 31st August) who the hell are we going to appoint as manager and backroom staff to take us through to the next window in December. If we do that we will certainly be courting disaster.

The above represents my views only you may agree or disagree but what we need right now is to get behind the team, support the manager and get off young players backs because they make mistakes.

Spot on.
Stop moaning Scorer, get behind the man now he is our manager. Give him a chance. And seriously try and imagine Fat Sam or Souness as our next manager if he walks, as thats the calibre left for us to attract if he does.

Gaudino said:
Stop moaning Scorer, get behind the man now he is our manager. Give him a chance. And seriously try and imagine Fat Sam or Souness as our next manager if he walks, as thats the calibre left for us to attract if he does.

You make an excellent point there, though in my opinion that is the bracket he is already in. Just because City have signed him does not turn him into an idol for worship.

Like i say i hope I'm wrong but I hate the brand of football he plays. He was a dirty bastard as a player and likes his team to play in that image, and that is not Manchester City style.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.