Mark Hughes.... Did it seem right??

I'm backing him, I reckon we'll have a really poor start to the premiership this year and I'm prepared for that. I'm happy to hang on in until Christmas, by which time, he should have everyone fully fit and starting to Gel, with Boj just about ready to return, and the Jan window opening, for one or two strategic buys, as he'll have a clear idea who should stay and go.

If we can then push on in the second half of the season, and aim for between 10th and 8th, then that represents a solid start in any managers first season.

Who knows we may fluke a bit of a UEFA cup run along the way, but to be honest, playing every second Thursday in Europe isn't going to be helpful, when he's trying to rest players whilst others come back from injury.

The problem could really be that if everyone does get on his case within the first half of the season, it's only going to lead to increased pressure on him (in particular I suspect from our beloved chairman), our "confidence" players (e.g Elano, Ireland, Vassell) and the youngsters.

If we are TRUE supporters we have to do just that at the moment, give the lads as much support, tolerate their shortcomings, accept we are going to struggle a bit and let Hughes get his feet under the table..if we do that it'll come good

MH is just about the best appointment we could have made. It will take time but I believe he will prove to be an excellent manager for us.

Just hope that all the idiots stay off his back and give him some time.

Ducado said:
I strongly suspect that you Scorer and a few other do not hope you are wrong

As it happens as a trueblue I do hope I'm wrong. However, I do not like his style of play, I think his sides are dirty as opposed to hard (anyone that signs Savage is making a statement). and i do not care for his brand of entertainment. That said if he turns us into a winning machine I'll eat humble pie. However i suspect we will end up playing shhit football and losing more than we win (or even should be losing).

Lets wait and see shall we?

scorer said:
Ducado said:
I strongly suspect that you Scorer and a few other do not hope you are wrong

As it happens as a trueblue I do hope I'm wrong. However, I do not like his style of play, I think his sides are dirty as opposed to hard (anyone that signs Savage is making a statement). and i do not care for his brand of entertainment. That said if he turns us into a winning machine I'll eat humble pie. However i suspect we will end up playing shhit football and losing more than we win (or even should be losing).

Lets wait and see shall we?
yea lets all do that could we.

scorer said:
Stuey said:
To me, as soon as he signs that contract with MCFC, hes a blue.

Unless your name ends in Neville

Or Ince... Or Keane...?

Being red has fook all to do with it!!

He is unproven at the level we aspire to achieve.

Unproven? Stuart Pearce was unproven. Sparky is a proven manager in the Premiership 3 seasons with Blackburn finishing in the top half.

It certainly looks like Hughes aint gonna have a Pearce/Sven style 'honeymoon' and I, for one, would settle for that, if he end's up moving the club forward, in the end, which I think he will, IMO.
Like most, I had (to say the least) mixed feelings about this appointment, and he's had a pretty unfortunate start, but the more I reflect on it, the more I think this is a smart long-term move by the club.
MH is a manager with developing knowledge,nous & professionalism who will probably leave the club in a better state than how he found it, and with a higher reputation, himself, as a manager (how many ex-City manager's can boast that?).
Onwards & upwards...

yeah, prove me wrong, City, you usually do..

the Manager insists that training is as intense as a game, every day has been really tough and fast,

This is a quote from Dunnie. Surely, high intensity training has to be limited and to some extent tailored to each players requirements. 'One size fits all' training is a thing of the past. I just wonder if Hughes bringing the 'train harder not smarter' mentality might have something to do with the spate of injuries since he arrived?

mammutly said:
the Manager insists that training is as intense as a game, every day has been really tough and fast,

This is a quote from Dunnie. Surely, high intensity training has to be limited and to some extent tailored to each players requirements. 'One size fits all' training is a thing of the past. I just wonder if Hughes bringing the 'train harder not smarter' mentality might have something to do with the spate of injuries since he arrived?

Ridiculous.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.