Marlos Moreno - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news that it's not serious. Still not seen much of him in action, but I remember how Tim Vickery eulogised over him when we signed him.

For the sake of balance I heard Tim Vickery say that moving to City before being shipped-out to La Liga had proved to be a poor career move for the lad. Far better to have stayed where he was for another season.

Lots of South Americans move to Spain and thrive (e.g. Sergio).

It did look a bit early for him to move - 27 appearances for Atlético Nacional - but I guess that some other European club might have snapped him up if he had stayed. I guess that City could have left him in Columbia for another season but figured that he would learn more in La Liga. Hope it works out for him.

For the sake of balance I heard Tim Vickery say that moving to City before being shipped-out to La Liga had proved to be a poor career move for the lad. Far better to have stayed where he was for another season.
For the sake of balance Tim Vickery also said that Paulinho is much better than Fernandinho and didn't understand how we payed almost 3 times the money for him as Ferna's also older than him. Just because Vickery is a Brazilian-based journo, it doesn't mean that he knows more about football than a... journo. :)

For the sake of balance Tim Vickery also said that Paulinho is much better than Fernandinho and didn't understand how we payed almost 3 times the money for him as Ferna's also older than him. Just because Vickery is a Brazilian-based journo, it doesn't mean that he knows more about football than a... journo. :)

I didn't say that he did mate.
I was just responding to Ric, who was quoting the same journalist.

He was doing well as he was really Depor's only bright spot. That club is Sunderland bad and losing Lucas Perez has zapped all of their goals. The club is currently briging Ryan Babel back from the dead on Marlos' place.

He was doing well as he was really Depor's only bright spot. That club is Sunderland bad and losing Lucas Perez has zapped all of their goals. The club is currently briging Ryan Babel back from the dead on Marlos' place.

Bloody hell,they really are scraping the barrel.

Deportivo are struggling & often play fairliy industrial football.

Footballwise, I don't think it's a good place for him to learn anything & I wish Pep had him, but Pep was pushed for time & has a lot on his plate already.

But, Moreno is tending to do everything in a bit of a hurry on the ball, a bit like Sane & Kelechi, so a 'top' team would likely have him on he bench all the time, as he's not 'one of theirs'. He is likely to get more games at Deportivo, so from an experience point of view it gives him a chance to try & get upto match pace & get his game together, ready for a 'Pep talk' next season.

I actually think this kid is close to unstoppable when he gets it right, moreso than anyone we have at the club. But he's full of adrenaline at the moment & can't see the picture or shoot properly.

But for raw football talent, I think he might be actually the best of the bunch, if he can get it all functioning.

What was the outcome of his injury as it ranged fro career ending to broken toe nail on here.
Is he playing again ?

Deportivo are struggling & often play fairliy industrial football.

Footballwise, I don't think it's a good place for him to learn anything & I wish Pep had him, but Pep was pushed for time & has a lot on his plate already.

But, Moreno is tending to do everything in a bit of a hurry on the ball, a bit like Sane & Kelechi, so a 'top' team would likely have him on he bench all the time, as he's not 'one of theirs'. He is likely to get more games at Deportivo, so from an experience point of view it gives him a chance to try & get upto match pace & get his game together, ready for a 'Pep talk' next season.

I actually think this kid is close to unstoppable when he gets it right, moreso than anyone we have at the club. But he's full of adrenaline at the moment & can't see the picture or shoot properly.

But for raw football talent, I think he might be actually the best of the bunch, if he can get it all functioning.

I'm intrigued. Why do you say that, exactly? And do you think that Tim Vickery is talking out of his arse when he rates Moreno potentially higher than Gabriel Jesus? I haven't seen a lot of either, apart from the clips of Gabriel for Brazil and Palmeiras. It's always dangerous to judge a player on bits and pieces like that, but right at the moment Vickery's judgement does seem fairly implausible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.