Marlos Moreno - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why Vickery absolutely raved about this guy when we got him. He claimed – claimed – that he was potentially a more important acquisition to us than Gabi Jesus! Obviously he gets things wrong like everyone, but I just find myself what potentiality he was seeing that's been invisible since then.
Watched a little bit of him before we signed him, to be fair he looked dynamite, was in the Colombian national team and playing a big role in winning the Copa Libertadores.

He doesn't look like he's adapted to European football at all, and you never know what's going on in his personal life, a big move for a young man.

Also not sure Deportivo was a good choice of a loan move, they are not known for playing attacking football.

It's a huge move going overseas, and to Europe for the first time. He's a young guy. Their into the mix that unlike GJ he's not gone to a club which has an made an investment in him personally and will do all they can to help him settle. It's been disappointing, but I'd be very reluctant to blame player in this case.

I still don't understand why Vickery absolutely raved about this guy when we got him. He claimed – claimed – that he was potentially a more important acquisition to us than Gabi Jesus! Obviously he gets things wrong like everyone, but I just find myself wondering what potentiality he was seeing that's been invisible since then.

He was much better in South America than Jesus. his performances in big games in the copa libertadores (South American Champions League) we miles above anything Jesus had done up to that point.

People were laughing off Enes Unal when he couldn't get a game for Genk, and now he's smahsing things up in the Netherlands a year later.

I wouldn't be too worried by Moreno's loan, the Deportivo manager has only got positive things to say about him, and this loan is mostly about him moving away from home, coming over to Europe and becoming a professional player. I expect we'll see him on the preseason tour and he'll have a much more successful loan next year.

Deportivo's new manager Pepe Mel, brought him back into the team and said last week that he could be vital to their survival in the final months of the league.

Last edited:
He was much better in South America than Jesus. his performances in big games in the copa libertadores (South American Champions League) we miles above anything Jesus had done up to that point.

People were laughing off Enes Unal when he couldn't get a game for Genk, and now he's smahsing things up in the Netherlands a year later.

I wouldn't be too worried by Moreno's loan, the Deportivo manager has only got positive things to say about him, and this loan is mostly about him moving away from home, coming over to Europe and becoming a professional player. I expect we'll see him on the preseason tour.

Tim Vickery did feel his move to Europe came far to soon as well.

He had had only one season in first team football prior to signing to us.

Tim Vickery did feel his move to Europe came far to soon as well.

He had had only one season in first team football prior to signing to us.

He did think the same of Jesus as well though to be fair, although obviously we put 10x more effort into his acclimatisation in England with getting them a big house and bringing over his mother, brother and 2 friends.

I wouldn't be too worried by Moreno's loan, the Deportivo manager has only got positive things to say about him, and this loan is mostly about him moving away from home, coming over to Europe and becoming a professional player. I expect we'll see him on the preseason tour and he'll have a much more successful loan next year.

Deportivo's new manager Pepe Mel, brought him back into the team and said last week that he could be vital to their survival in the final months of the league.
Gabriel Jesus scored 4 goals in 6 Libertadores matches. I don't think Marlos Moreno was better than Jesus but Atletico Nacional was better than Palmeiras. Hardly Moreno was miles above.

Gabriel Jesus scored 4 goals in 6 Libertadores matches. I don't think Marlos Moreno was better than Jesus but Atletico Nacional was better than Palmeiras. Hardly Moreno was miles above.

No, sorry, but looking at some results pages won't tell you which was better. Moreno was the standout player in the team which one it. He created goals, he scored goals, he was brilliant.

I think we rushed into the loan deal, it's not worked out for whatever reason whether it be not helped to settle well in Spain or not being coached right, he didn't even get to meet the team or have any pre-season with the club, no preparation... didn't his agent make the mistake of sending him straight to Spain before he signed his contract in Manchester first too?

From the games I did watch of him before the deal was finalised he looked very decent, maybe he has learned more on his loan spell besides what we see on the pitch which is just as important for anyone making the step up to professional football in Europe. Pep obviously wanted him or the deal wouldn't have been made so I'm sure he will get his chance to impress come the summer and the club will take it from there.

I still don't understand why Vickery absolutely raved about this guy when we got him. He claimed – claimed – that he was potentially a more important acquisition to us than Gabi Jesus! Obviously he gets things wrong like everyone, but I just find myself wondering what potentiality he was seeing that's been invisible since then.
I've often wondered the same. As every time I've seen him, he looks patently ordinary. If he wasn't our player I wouldn't have noticed him :(

Nothing about him or his game screams future star.

We should have let him have 1 more year in South America :(

I remember the people casting their doubts over Sané at the start of the season... already made their mind up in the first two months, people can moan he should be sold all they like we're not having any say on the matter Pep will decide and I personally think he'll prove himself to be more capable than a lot of players we have on our books once he is settled and back on track. People should at least take the time to bother to look at his games in South America that attracted the interest in the first place before claiming he will never make it, he will become a very decent player but I'm not sure if it will be at City or not(he might not get the time he needs to adjust, some players take longer than others) but I saw enough to know he has something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.