Marlos Moreno - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've actually talked to Depor fans and have seen excerpts of post match interviews with the managers and they keep banging on about players who will be there in the long term whether they go down or not. Simple as Marlos is not there player.
So just because Depor fans dont want to see him play you think he hasnt been given a chance? As I said, despite his performances has been bad hes been getting chance after chance regardless what the fans or experts thinks about it. I think that shows that he's shown a good attitude in training and that they respect the loan deal they made with us.

Seeing alot of posts about this kid, but has anyone seriously watched him at Deportivo? I have, and while he may have looked good in Columbia he has been really poor in Spain.
Yes it's a new country and a tough new league and we should give him time, but watching some of his games there are serious doubts; he dribbles when he shouldn't, he misplaces passes, he shoots when he should pass etc. These things can be improved on though so time will tell, but my money is on Sancho making it and this guy being sold.
This is ahatvive said earlier. Nothing from watching his Deportivobgamea games suggests he was ever special. He runs into culmuch-needed . 6 del sacs and is sometimes just clumsy.

He does the kinda stuff you see Jason Pucheon do constantly that makes you go, "well.yeah, that's why you are not at a top club prospect"

Anyway, Sterling looked a bit like that last season so I guess there is sti hope.

So just because Depor fans dont want to see him play you think he hasnt been given a chance? As I said, despite his performances has been bad hes been getting chance after chance regardless what the fans or experts thinks about it. I think that shows that he's shown a good attitude in training and that they respect the loan deal they made with us.

No the manager before Pepe Mel and Pepe Mel kept saying during press conferences they were only focusing on using players who would be there to fight relegation or not, Marlos is just getting a chance now after being frozen out by the previous manager due to recent injuries. He hasn't been getting chance after chance. He played earlier on after he got settled, then he was frozen out for months and now due to recent injuries to starters.

End of this season I believe.

What are the chances of him being with the first team next season?

I think very little as I remember to have read he isn't allowed to play with us next season. And he was always ment to be on a loan for two years of which one expires soon. He need another year on loan. Question is whether that should be La Coruna again.

As for the boy, I think at his age it has been a mistake to put him on loan straight away. Obviously in hindsight. But it would not have harmed him to have spent a year in the EDS and then go out on loan. It would've been a year at the club that signed him, the youth and squadplayers, and in the country where he is supposed to be living for a few years at least.
He is still very young and not all young players from another continent adjust straight away to European live. Injuries didn't help him as well. But he has talent and is seen as one of the best prospects in his country. That won't vanish over one season, so I will give him time.

No the manager before Pepe Mel and Pepe Mel kept saying during press conferences they were only focusing on using players who would be there to fight relegation or not, Marlos is just getting a chance now after being frozen out by the previous manager due to recent injuries. He hasn't been getting chance after chance. He played earlier on after he got settled, then he was frozen out for months and now due to recent injuries to starters.

I am a Depor fan and I have seen every game this season and what you say about our previous manager Garitano is completely untrue. Actually he was Marlos's biggest admirer, starting him when he should have been benched after dreadful performances, so much so that Depor fans where angry that none our kids had the same opportunities. Garitano has always said in his press conferences he is one that trains the hardest but he is clearly not ready for top flight football. When Pepe Mel came in, he gave Marlos another opportunity(1 or 2 games) and he did not impress at all. Our strongest starting 11 consists of 3 loaned players (Gil,Guillerme,Joselu)who all played last week,so i don't know where you get that only contract players will play.

I am a Depor fan and I have seen every game this season and what you say about our previous manager Garitano is completely untrue. Actually he was Marlos's biggest admirer, starting him when he should have been benched after dreadful performances, so much so that Depor fans where angry that none our kids had the same opportunities. Garitano has always said in his press conferences he is one that trains the hardest but he is clearly not ready for top flight football. When Pepe Mel came in, he gave Marlos another opportunity(1 or 2 games) and he did not impress at all. Our strongest starting 11 consists of 3 loaned players (Gil,Guillerme,Joselu)who all played last week,so i don't know where you get that only contract players will play.
welcome agra you will find people make stuff up on bluemoon to sound like experts :)

I don't pretend to be some Depor expert but I do try to follow City players on loan and watched Marlos at Nacional. Wasn't much to watch this season making 20 odd appearances overall. How is a player going to develop playing bit parts in 1 or 2 games then dropped for weeks? Playing 5, 10, 20 minute here and there is not enough to improve on your performances while trying to impress 2 different managers. All and all Depor was the wrong place to send him. He already had the work ethic he just needs a better supporting cast to learn from. Out of all the players that stood out during Atletico Nacional's great run then who moved on, Marlos ended up in the worst situation for his overall development.
Davinson Sanchez became player of the year playing in a more stable,high quality system like Ajax, Borja and Guerra are doing well at Palmeiras and Marlos got stuck at Depor who were one of the worst teams in La Liga and lucky they weren't relegated. His and Zinchenko's loan at PSV have been the most disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.