Marrakesh

Only interested in their cuisine and it's heritage really. Those tagine pots they stuff with stuff of the market fresh on the way to work then stick it on the dying fires of the bakers ovens to cook through. That to me is just about the best way to have a packed lunch for work. Makes our heavily plastic wrapped "lunch on the go" type things seem fucking foul.

Lucky ? certainly wouldn't be a word I'd use mate, for what it's worth, hotel and grounds (behind a big fuck off wall and gun toting security guards) aside, I fuckin hated it, from the moment I stepped off the plane it was money money money, mither fuckin mither, just non-stop pestering for fuckin Dhiram , then there's the way they treat animals, especially dogs, just appalling.

A trip up the Atlas mountains gave no respite either, in the middle of nowhere, a family of 15 would appear from behind a single threadbare shrub, complete with Barca/Real shirts, Nike and Addidas trainers, pleading for fuckin Dhiram, the fuckers were better dressed than me.

However, go there with an open mind mate, you may find something you like about the place, it's a very different culture, and you'll soon see that, but I have to say, this particular one didn't agree with me in a great many ways and absolutely would never go there again.

PS, some will say as a westerner it's safe to wander around Marrakech, it isn't, if you get into any difficulty I'd almost guarantee you'll be on your own.
Haha. Your post hasn’t half given me a laugh mate. I think the OP will be reassured

For the best view in Marrakesh, go to the photography museum. The view from the roof terrace is staggeringly beautiful! You can see the Atlas Mountains in the distance over a panoramic city scape. Do it. You won’t regret it.

Lucky ? certainly wouldn't be a word I'd use mate, for what it's worth, hotel and grounds (behind a big fuck off wall and gun toting security guards) aside, I fuckin hated it, from the moment I stepped off the plane it was money money money, mither fuckin mither, just non-stop pestering for fuckin Dhiram , then there's the way they treat animals, especially dogs, just appalling.

A trip up the Atlas mountains gave no respite either, in the middle of nowhere, a family of 15 would appear from behind a single threadbare shrub, complete with Barca/Real shirts, Nike and Addidas trainers, pleading for fuckin Dhiram, the fuckers were better dressed than me.

However, go there with an open mind mate, you may find something you like about the place, it's a very different culture, and you'll soon see that, but I have to say, this particular one didn't agree with me in a great many ways and absolutely would never go there again.

PS, some will say as a westerner it's safe to wander around Marrakech, it isn't, if you get into any difficulty I'd almost guarantee you'll be on your own.

Thanks for the positivity! Where did you change money? I don't intend to spend much, as staying all inclusive and transport apparently included locally. Having been to India, I'm used to beggars

For the best view in Marrakesh, go to the photography museum. The view from the roof terrace is staggeringly beautiful! You can see the Atlas Mountains in the distance over a panoramic city scape. Do it. You won’t regret it.

Thanks mate, will keep it in mind.

Thanks for the positivity! Where did you change money? I don't intend to spend much, as staying all inclusive and transport apparently included locally. Having been to India, I'm used to beggars

Thanks mate, will keep it in mind.

Having been to Manchester town centre I am also

Almost any change place will be fine. I think they're regulated properly.

My Pleasure, you did ask :-), think we changed it in the hotel (Rui Tikida Garden) which in itself was lovely, as was the food, no complaints at all on that , just Marrakesh, smelt of monkey faeces.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.