Martin McGuinness Dies

In fairness neither Saville nor McGuiness ever bothered apologising but I suppose if saville got banged to rights before he died he could have done a sad face and become a better person. Maybe another series of fix it may have followed. If genghis Khan had thought to give a couple of Mongolian kids some sweeties history may have been kinder to him.

To all you cunts out there don't despair as long as you do something decent before you die it kind of evens things out. It's called the Marty path, kill children, women blokes whatever you fancy, stop killing kids, become a politician, earn good money and then die.

Tony Blair will say nice things and stuff about you. That's a shoe in at the pearly gates.
Too true. It's also expedient to change stance and become part of the 'Peace Process' when the murderous organisation
you are an active participant in has been completely compromised by the British army, funding has dried up, and as a murderer
you are looking at a 30 stretch.

I've heard that too.

I think @che_don_john Is being more than a tad unfair on Paisley. I think he made as much of a 'journey' as McGuinness.
Fair dues to both of them for taking a step back and working for the good of all, at the same time good riddance to both tbh, the north will be better able to move on without them.

That's probably a fair comment insomuch as he had the kudos within the paramilitary community to breach the gap and not be shunned (or worse!).

Norma Percy's documentary "Endgame in Ireland" is regarded by most observers as the definitive document on the lead up to The Good Friday agreement.
It suggests that the first moves were made in the mid-eighties, long before the eventual joint declaration in 1993 (and even longer before 9/11, of course).
She makes no reference to your theory. I'd be surprised if any responsible historian or commentator does.
I don't know if you're playing at guilt by association, wishful thinking or trying to rewrite history but one hopes that you apply more stringent research (or perhaps just less prejudice?) to your day job.
^^ 9/11 crippled the Continuity IRA, Omagh crippled the RIRA, the provisionals were long out of the game before either.

I wouldn't waste my breath, Mr. Davies-Moustache.
Some people simply don't want to see how their intransigence and blind patriotism in this particular discussion is so deeply ironic.
Saying anyone that becomes a better person is a role model is not a reasoned argument.

^^ 9/11 crippled the Continuity IRA, Omagh crippled the RIRA, the provisionals were long out of the game before either.
They had to once the intelligence services were attached to every level and the leadership were looking at life.

They had to once the intelligence services were attached to every level and the leadership were looking at life.
Don't think so tbh, they would have sacrificed the leadership and moved on much as the UVF did with Johnny Adair among others. It's the lack of community support that would have done for them in the end and it's hard to see that happening without the likes of McGuinness and Adams cooperation. They're both cunts, but they did plenty of good in the peace process.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.