Martin Tyler

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by City_Sean, 15 Jan 2017.

1. 1961_vintage

1961_vintage

Stupendous.

2. Southern

Southern

3. CityInWashingtonState

CityInWashingtonState

Tyler is awesome.

As a neutral of course he'll say good things about the opposition and about us as well - in proportion to how good we are against our opponents.

Love his commentary.

4. vmsuhail

vmsuhail

He may be biased, but I like listening to his commentary. Would like to know who is better than him ?

5. GAZZA

GAZZA

He may have been fit-for-purpose at one time but he's now a dinosaur in the John Motson mold. You can't knock him for not retiring yet though;- VIP seat at every ground anywhere in the world, all expenses paid.

6. che_don_john

che_don_john

I always thought Barry Davies was great; he'd approach each game purely as a neutral and commentate on what was happening on the pitch, with fair appraisals and critique and a decent knowledge of the game. His quality stood out even more against John Motson, who I always thought was utterly terrible ("The last time these played each other in the rain, there was an own goal. Will there be an own goal again today" type irrelevant bollocks)

7. dennishasdoneit

dennishasdoneit

Football..
    Yeah,def a nod to Barry Davies,you are spot on.A professional, knowledgeable,articulate,balanced nueutral and clearly spoken.

8. KentBlue

KentBlue

Vile little man.
    Brian 'Big Match' Moore was another decent one.

9. canyerdogputoutafire

canyerdogputoutafire

10. Henkeman

Henkeman

Barry Davies was a believer in saying nothing if there is nothing of value to say. A skill that appears to have vanished.

Motson I'll always remember for his peak Motty comment during the 1-5 Germany game that "this is England's best result against Germany since the war".