Martyn Margetson....

He was a very average keeper and that is being kind. As a previous poster said that howler in the QPR game when he handed the ball to them rather than keep hold of it was unbelievable. I wonder if he had a bet on the game.

My thoughts exactly

Of all the incidents that led to our ultimate relegation at Stoke the one I've never forgiven was the sheer lack of professionalism giving the ball straight back to QPR at an indirect free kick for them to score a gift of a tap in (Mike Sheron IIRC). If he'd done that at Under 11s we'd have been screaming! I'm not terribly proud of what I said to him as he left the pitch a week later at the Britannia.

Pray tell, what did you say?

I had a short period on "trial" at City in the early 1990s as a GK (one of the millions I am sure)

Alex Williams was still a better GK than Margetson at that time, and Alex had retired 5-6 years earlier! To be fair, I thought Dibble was the worse of the two and they had another young lad who looked far better than them both, but name escapes me

Needless to say, it shows how sh*te I was that they "made it" and I didnt! :)

Maybe he's a much better coach than he was a player? Sometimes the best teachers are the ones that struggled with the subject themselves. Of course, some of the crappest ones are as well :-)

That useless twat as a goalkeeping coach will be about as much use as a pig trying to teach a bird to fly.

He was a very average keeper and that is being kind. As a previous poster said that howler in the QPR game when he handed the ball to them rather than keep hold of it was unbelievable. I wonder if he had a bet on the game.
You have to wonder as not only did he hand the ball to Sheron, but the free kick was given because the twat picked up a back pass!

I had a short period on "trial" at City in the early 1990s as a GK (one of the millions I am sure)

Alex Williams was still a better GK than Margetson at that time, and Alex had retired 5-6 years earlier! To be fair, I thought Dibble was the worse of the two and they had another young lad who looked far better than them both, but name escapes me

Needless to say, it shows how sh*te I was that they "made it" and I didnt! :)
That has been annoying me for an hour now, who was it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.