Martyn Margetson....

Wycombe Wanderers.
Preceded David James in playing up front by a few years!
I remember watching that game and when he came on my abiding memory was a very simple one: that bloke, a professional footballer, cannot run. THE worst player I’ve ever seen at City. Utter utter shite in net, out of net and all points in between. The game against Everton when he couldn’t kick the fucking ball past his own 18yr box - Beardsley just hammered it straight back in. Like being a primary school kid and knowing the keeper wouldn’t get it past you if you stood a mere 18.1 yards from the ball. And he was a midget too. How he’s ever ended up as goalkeeping coach, Christ knows (but seeing as Our Lord will be busy this time of year, maybe that’s why it’s slipped under the radar).

Years ago when he was at City I saw him walking down Market Street. I caught his eye and he must have realised I'd recognised him so called me a wanker. I never said a word to him lol

Obviously a bit of a twat as well as a shite keeper
I saw him there once, and when I nodded to him he dived to the right.

Subbed at half time

99% sure that was pre-planned as we normally did not have a 'keeper on the bench and it was a case of give the 2nd and 3rd 'keepers a game as it was the last of the season.

His first game of the season away at Coventry was stand out in 1991 when City won 1-0 and he made several good saves with Coton out. The Bradford home game in 1997 he made a superb save in injury time before Tony Vaughan scored the winner with the last touch.

99% sure that was pre-planned as we normally did not have a 'keeper on the bench and it was a case of give the 2nd and 3rd 'keepers a game as it was the last of the season.

His first game of the season away at Coventry was stand out in 1991 when City won 1-0 and he made several good saves with Coton out. The Bradford home game in 1997 he made a superb save in injury time before Tony Vaughan scored the winner with the last touch.

Fair enough Corky, your memory may be better than mine, I just remember him
Going off at half time after playing like a pub keeper for 45 mins

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.