Marvel Universe vs DC Universe...

There's been some credence given to your line of thinking ont'web.

But, why do the comic universes not fall flat, in the same way, for DC??

This is the bug bear for me.
It isn't one storyline in the comics and it's only followed by hardcore fans who are more forgiving.

I used to like comics when I was a child. Never really bothered about which ones they were. Not at all bothered about the films as I think they take rather too many resources away from grown up films.

As long as they make money they will keep churning them out. They are pretty inoffensive really.

I believe in the next one they are really up against it. I hope they overcome the odds and are triumphant

Marvel have had a long term goal and not rushed it, it’s took 10 years to get to infinity wars, DC just keep rebooting and try to fast track to an infinity war style film. Marvel is light has action and humour, DC especially with batman has always been dark and mainly devoid of humour, plus you have a being that can’t be beaten apart from kryptonite. I think Snyder had a vision and for various reasons DC dropped it and fudged justice league to get more humour in it, to me the vision he had was darker and better. They don’t seem to have a direction to go in, a few individual films Aquaman,flash, Shazam, Wonder Woman 2, a new Batman (possible different actor, yet again) man of steel 2? But where is it going a final battle against darkseid, surely that will seem like a Thanos rip off. I’m really looking forward to infinity wars but DC needs to get a vision of what they want and stick to it, personally a darker more edgy universe introducing the Lanterns would be good and a good opposite to the Marvel universe.

Totally agree. Why don’t people grow the fuck up?
No idea but people still believe in the living
Totally agree. Why don’t people grow the fuck up?
People still belive in the living dead, Satan and some clown in the sky that bestows good will on all men and when you can see it in technicolour it must be true ;-)

There's been some credence given to your line of thinking ont'web.

But, why do the comic universes not fall flat, in the same way, for DC??

This is the bug bear for me.
Misread this at the time. The Batman films were great, they developed the character and made you invest and had some brilliant plot. WW was a good standalone. Superman has always been a shit hero as he's unbeatable and boring. That's their foundation and they fucked it by killing Bale's Batman and bringing in some dickhead that does cheap spam comedy films.

Marvel had long term vision, great characters, plot and character development and patience.

It's Txiki v Woodward.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.