Mary D's

Mary D’s is great if you like to partake in the singing of songs that mock the Munich air disaster with little come back from your fellow blues
A bit of a stereotype there, I've no doubt should one break out some perhaps quite a lot of people would join in but I can honestly say I've can't remember the last time anything about that sung in the last few seasons.

A bit of a stereotype there, I've no doubt should one break out some perhaps quite a lot of people would join in but I can honestly say I've can't remember the last time anything about that sung in the last few seasons.

i agree. I've been in there quite a few times this season and past seasons and rarely ever hear munich songs being sung on mass ( maybe the odd person chanting it) . I've actually heard it more in the ground/other pubs in manchester. i think its a good pub with a decent atmosphere. its actually full of families as well. id much rather go there then some of the ridiculously expensive pubs in say the northern quarter.

we desperately need more pubs near the ground.

He may be thinking of the other Bradford , which was flattened for the Academy/ College.
Francis used to own it and have away fans in iirc.
You couldn’t beat Moss-side/Rusholme boozers back in the day, i grew up around there so they were also my local pubs, The Denmark, Whitworth, Clarence, Parkside, Sherwood, Lord Lion, Osbornes, Bee hive, Claremont, Princess etc.
Tend to stay local now and NQ or the Townley occasionly, but it’s not the same or maybe the mrs is right and ive turned into a miserable old bastard!
Most of them gone

we desperately need more pubs near the ground.

Unfortunately I can't see that ever happening. Certainly won't be any new builds, as breweries and pub companies who are still building such are aiming for food and destination pubs, and the area where our stadium is isn't in that demographic.

Thing is, that area was full of local pubs, I recall going in many back in the day ..... ( The Honeycomb being a favourite, in the middle of Fort Beswick) sadly though, for various reasons they were in decline through lack of use long before the stadium came along. And as much as any pub takes over the bar on matchdays, it's not enough to make them pay when they are mostly empty the rest of the time.

No pubs will be built, and the last asking price for the Mitchel arms from the brewery was £195000 which for a pub that has only maybe 40-50 (with summer concerts and rugby weekend) viable days opening no one will invest.

Maybe if the gasworks and holt town area around the ground finally do get re-generated and there is scope for food, drink and entertainment establishments being built will the area have any new drining holes open.

Unfortunately I can't see that ever happening. Certainly won't be any new builds, as breweries and pub companies who are still building such are aiming for food and destination pubs, and the area where our stadium is isn't in that demographic.

Thing is, that area was full of local pubs, I recall going in many back in the day ..... ( The Honeycomb being a favourite, in the middle of Fort Beswick) sadly though, for various reasons they were in decline through lack of use long before the stadium came along. And as much as any pub takes over the bar on matchdays, it's not enough to make them pay when they are mostly empty the rest of the time.

Aside from new builds there's pubs 2 minutes away from the ground that have been boarded up for years.

Aside from new builds there's pubs 2 minutes away from the ground that have been boarded up for years.

There are several mate ... but as said, while they would make £££££'s on matchdays, it's the rest of the time they would struggle to stay afloat. People just don't use local boozers like they used to do.

I’m having a couple of pints out now to wind down the weekend and I’m one of three drinkers in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.