Mary D's

Foresters on Oldham Road, Failsworth, (opposite Brown Cow) has closed. As has the Brown Cow, nearby Black Horse, Guido and Halfway House have long gone too ... Mare and Foal survives still though.

My very good mate's Mum (Margaret) was barmaid at the mare and foal for years.

I find it remarkable how few pubs there are around the Etihad. The Bank Of England and The Mitchell Arms should be two of a dozen between the ground and Town yet they’re both boarded up and there are NO others! It’s very bizarre
The Mitchell Arms is being brought back to life, its currently under redevelopment. :)

The Mitchell Arms is being brought back to life, its currently under redevelopment. :)
It’s rare that old style pubs re-open so it’ll be interesting to see what they do.

I don’t think I’ll use Mary D’s again but The Grove near Clayton Hall tram stop is fine. It’s a Holts’ pub. Management has changed a few times but it was busy before the Huddersfield cup match.

Is it definitely going to be a pub again?

I had a quick glance when I went past a couple of games ago and I can’t remember precisely what made me think it now but I do remember thinking it looked more like they were doing it up for flats, rather than a pub.

Does anyone know whether Mary Ds was ever compulsory bought? There was some chatter about it a few years back and the houses near it are starting to be demolished.

Is it definitely going to be a pub again?

I had a quick glance when I went past a couple of games ago and I can’t remember precisely what made me think it now but I do remember thinking it looked more like they were doing it up for flats, rather than a pub.
Just passed again and no work being done on it ? It's had a new roof, new windows and brickwork added to the bottom half of the building.

With the new area being built and the North stand expansion, we really do need more places to drink in the area.

A purpose built square or something resembling nevizade Street would be ideal.

With the new area being built and the North stand expansion, we really do need more places to drink in the area.

A purpose built square or something resembling nevizade Street would be ideal.
The City Hall in the North Stand extension will hold 3000 ? plus you will have the new City Square which looks huge and the bars in the new arena will be open.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.