Master chef the professionals

well the biggest problem with the show is you only get a couple of really good talents because too many chefs are scared that if they enter and fuck up one dish it could damage their rep and hinder their careers if they get recognised as the guy who cocked up on TV, so don't enter. So you get a fair few indy guys, a number of small-time chefs and a couple of young-uns who have nothing to lose.

What amazes me is that when they do their signature dish they don't absolutely nail it. The young lad last night who admitted he had never cooked that dish fully before deserved to go for that alone. Why they haven't practiced it over and over again like one of them had amazes me.

What amazes me is that when they do their signature dish they don't absolutely nail it. The young lad last night who admitted he had never cooked that dish fully before deserved to go for that alone. Why they haven't practiced it over and over again like one of them had amazes me.

On The Great British Menu they often mess up and they're much more experienced and well known chefs. Not as bad as on Masterchef The Professionals but still surprising considering their status.

On The Great British Menu they often mess up and they're much more experienced and well known chefs. Not as bad as on Masterchef The Professionals but still surprising considering their status.
With GBM they have to stick to the brief and try some ground breaking cooking, far harder, I wouldn't trust some of last night twats to boil an egg

With GBM they have to stick to the brief and try some ground breaking cooking, far harder, I wouldn't trust some of last night twats to boil an egg

I've had some very disappointingly boiled/poached eggs in quite expensive restaurants. Very often overdone. An underrated skill in my opinion!

Just read on Masterchef's Facebook page that it's lobster ravioli on the skills test. Wouldn't fancy making that under pressure. Fancy it for dinner though.

Thats Wareing's test and Monica has got them boning and stuffing a pig's trotter... will be watching on catch up as the game is obviously on at the same time.

Same here. Unless the same team that played on Saturday turn up in which case I might only be 10 minutes behind real time...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.