Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

I didn't say they don't pick talent though did I, read it how you like, I couldn't give a f**k, the Chelsea players are physically stronger, talented obviously, and play more as a team, they did it last year, they've done it in both legs of this final. We certainly have talent, but its not enough as this game has clearly shown.

Chelsea certainly pick physicality over talent at these levels, and not many make it to the first team, whilst we pick talent over physicality, and not many of ours make it either. Maybe other clubs put more attention into getting individuals through to the first teams, and not being best at this level ?

Forget spending millions on other teams youth players lets poach their scouts.

I think we have definitely overrated our youth teams at u18 and EDS level.

Miles away from the first team.

The positive I'll take from this game is that it gives the City players an eye-opener, like "Do you really think as you are that your ready for first team football?" They still have to improve massively, but should know, they are still so young, take the next year to further develop.

In regards to chelsea's players size, some people are saying Chelsea are recruiting player's built physically, while City are prioritizing technical players, the problem with your argument is that Chelsea's players are also technically sound. The reason Mbappe is so impressive for his age is that he built amazingly (even though he is young).

Our policy is honestly fine, because our lads our 'normal' size, but Chelsea's has massive merit, find genetic freaks, then develop their technical quality, this has merit. The best is probably a mix of the two approaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.