Match Thread - Chelsea V City (2nd leg FA Youth Cup)

Discussion in 'Matchday forum' started by FantasyIreland, 26 Apr 2017.

1. cookster

cookster

Water of the ducks back, they call it negativity I call it realism. Had the same debates with Balotelli, Pellegrini and Txiki, I'll back my eyes not the blue tinted bluemoon versions.

2. Pablo1

Pablo1

You do that champ.

3. WallyA

WallyA

This is their advantage though, so it is disingenuous of you to say these players will become adults and have difficulty transitioning into man's football because the other players will be the same size. Chelsea's policy of finding genetic freaks, then developing their technical skills is very valid in terms of producing talent for them. Look at Mbappe, only reason he is successful is because he is also a genetic freak.

4. adaminho

adaminho

Please tell me you have been to some u18s games this season other than the fa youth cup final.... Muric has been class, yes a couple of mistakes today that were dreadful but he is a really good young goalkeeper

5. moomba

moomba

Disappointing, but Chelsea really are an exceptional setup. Their kids look a lot more advanced than ours. How that pans out in the next few years I guess remains to be seen.

6. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Sounds like you need a holiday/break? Or at least a day off!

7. WallyA

WallyA

City's academy has alot of work right now, they can't let the players get too depressed by the result, they have to make them care about the loss, and motivate them to work harder. They are at the age of becoming young adults in a few years, they have to decide now whether they let their heads down or improve; the academy has to motivate them to do the latter.

8. Kippax Street 1880

Kippax Street 1880

Was one of the few that impressed me tonight

9. cadds92

cadds92

If I am honest I am not too fussed really.

I am mostly bothered that some of these young English lads get a game whether it be for Chelsea or City.

The England team is in dying need of quality and hopefully both us and Chelsea along with Spurs can lead the way.

10. cookster

cookster

Thanks for your concern but I'll soldier on.