Match Thread | Manchester City vs Manchester United U21 (20/02/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good win and good performance from a very understrength side. Played them off the park in the first half, second was more of a grind. But fuck me United are an ugly youth team, nothing about them whatsoever other than big strong lads. They barely strung 5 passes together, never did anything resembling interplay or movement and none of them looked to have anything going for them other than physicality. El Fitouri is almost comically bad at football as well.

Good from the CB duo today, bullying a 23 year old and not letting him get a look in, while the midfield of Glendon, Bytiqi and Kongolo were excellent and completely dominated the game. We lost a fair bit of control when Kongolo came off, or it may have just been fatigue but still were never under any real pressure. The lack of real attacking players showed a bit but you'd expect that with such young lads up front against such physical defenders. Good win, good performance

It was an improvement on the last derby, but for someone like myself who used to see them quite a lot, but hasn't watched them much lately, the lack of football intelligence shown is a huge disappointment. We are far dumber at this level than at the younger age group imo & the older we get, the less of a gap in football quality we see between us & the rags. Imo it should be the opposite, we should have the pass & move, triangles etc thing nailed & be running rings round that bunch of fucking troglodytes. Even if we got turned over, in the past, we stuck to our plan, in order to learn.

Second half we just wasted the ball constantly & if anything, they played better stuff than us. We could make the excuse that Horsfield had moved into centre mid, but the two Spanish kids were fucking useless at passing the ball with any intelligence in the last match, & therefore imo it's the system which isn't currently holding up.

Many of these kids were passing the shit out of quality sides a year & a half ago, now we are holding on for 'a result' vs a bunch of no marks & booting it long to strikers with no awareness who are taking on 3 at a time & losing the ball, for most of the 2nd half.

Bytiqi played like City are supposed to play. That 1-2 between him & Angelino (where A fell on his arse) was what I used to see 30 times a game between Angelino & Barker. Saw it once today.

Are we currently changing into a results team like the rags, rather than a development team, I wonder ? And how long will those involved last, if that is the case ?

Reults mean little to me at this level. They are a bonus. Today we played ok first half which was heartening but the 2nd half looked like instructions to me, & I don't like it.

It was an improvement on the last derby, but for someone like myself who used to see them quite a lot, but hasn't watched them much lately, the lack of football intelligence shown is a huge disappointment. We are far dumber at this level than at the younger age group imo & the older we get, the less of a gap in football quality we see between us & the rags. Imo it should be the opposite, we should have the pass & move, triangles etc thing nailed & be running rings round that bunch of fucking troglodytes. Even if we got turned over, in the past, we stuck to our plan, in order to learn.

Second half we just wasted the ball constantly & if anything, they played better stuff than us. We could make the excuse that Horsfield had moved into centre mid, but the two Spanish kids were fucking useless at passing the ball with any intelligence in the last match, & therefore imo it's the system which isn't currently holding up.

Many of these kids were passing the shit out of quality sides a year & a half ago, now we are holding on for 'a result' vs a bunch of no marks & booting it long to strikers with no awareness who are taking on 3 at a time & losing the ball, for most of the 2nd half.

Bytiqi played like City are supposed to play. That 1-2 between him & Angelino (where A fell on his arse) was what I used to see 30 times a game between Angelino & Barker. Saw it once today.

Are we currently changing into a results team like the rags, rather than a development team, I wonder ? And how long will those involved last, if that is the case ?

Reults mean little to me at this level. They are a bonus. Today we played ok first half which was heartening but the 2nd half looked like instructions to me, & I don't like it.

That's my thoughts as well, second half what was the game plan and instructions by the manager? We don't seem to work as a team of the ball as well we work hard but not as a team.

Compared to the last game this was a much more enjoyable performance.

Thought Glendon and Bytiqi were very impressive.

Gunn looks a unit. Seems not phased by much either

Well said... if this kid (and let's remind ourselves he is still very young in GK's terms) keeps improving and stays injury free, he'll easily walk into the footsteps of Joe Hart, and even Joe has many years ahead of him (with no injuries)

His dad Brian Gunn I remember seeing as a kid, i thought he was good in his Norwich days. Seems to run in the family.

'Twas a good performance. MANUre ne'er saw much in the first half and we thoroughly deserved the lead. We took our foot off the gas for about twenty minutes in the second half where the shit got their shit together and looked as though they might score and we'd run out of steam. George G had a better game today and seemed to have a fair amount of control of the game. I was expecting the usual - two Rag goals in the last five, but the City lads stood firm and it was a fine effort!

Totally dominant in the first half. Should have been 3 or 4 up. Ground out the second but pretty good considering 5 are in the first team squad tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.