Mathias Bossaerts

Shame. I seem to recall that when he was signed up 2-3(?) years ago, he was one of the ones everyone was saying would go on to be a world class defender. After about a year he just seemed to drop off the face of the earth.
4 years tomorrow the Dailymail ran a story that we'd snapped him up and he joined in the Summer of 2012, I actually thought he'd already left it's been so long since I've seen his name.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...r-City-sign-Mathias-Bossaerts-Anderlecht.html

He's had quite a few injuries in the last year hasn't he?
I think this was his main issue. Also only speculating but maybe as he was such a big lad at a young age maybe he excelled purely because of his size then when others caught up physically he wasn't quite up to it?

I think this was his main issue. Also only speculating but maybe as he was such a big lad at a young age maybe he excelled purely because of his size then when others caught up physically he wasn't quite up to it?

But we pay our scouts money to evaluate youngsters and their qualities.

The excuse of his size and physical strength before isn't acceptable.

Possibly on his way to KV Oostende, according to Kristof Terreur:

He appears to have fallen along way short of the expected potential,he always looked a bit wooden and awkward to me.

Still young enough to come good though so best of luck.

He's never looked good tbh when I've seen him. Coupled with the fact that he's always injured, then he won't be missed. Miles down the pecking order at City now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.