Matija Nastasic

Mancio

19 years old , first game in Premier League. really interesting debut . solid and quiet , some excellent passes.

squirtyflower said:
he's certainly very comfortable on the ball and used it well but, to be fair, Fulham were hardly an attacking threat

Was just going to post the same thing about his comfort in possession and distribution, both of these things count against Lescott. I'm a fan of JL but can see Nasty pushing him for his position if he continues the performances he has so far put in.

Drewmanc said:
squirtyflower said:
he's certainly very comfortable on the ball and used it well but, to be fair, Fulham were hardly an attacking threat

Was just going to post the same thing about his comfort in possession and distribution, both of these things count against Lescott. I'm a fan of JL but can see Nasty pushing him for his position if he continues the performances he has so far put in.
at the moment I think it very much depends on who we are playing against
we haven't really had a chance to see his 'defensive' qualities and how combative he is

Really don't think Bobby rates Lescott. He's used every opportunity to play someone else during his time. Nasty looks much better on the ball and is a vast improvement on Savic. Just what Bobby's looking for. He could be here for a while.

squirtyflower said:
Drewmanc said:
squirtyflower said:

we haven't really had a chance to see his 'defensive' qualities and how combative he is

Agreed, but after only 2 games played you can see his technique is there and at 6'2" he isnt small by any means and I do expect him to be good physically when he's tested a bit more, didn't he have a reputation as a tough tackler in Italy?

Drewmanc said:
squirtyflower said:
Drewmanc said:

Agreed, but after only 2 games played you can see his technique is there and at 6'2" he isnt small by any means and I do expect him to be good physically when he's tested a bit more, didn't he have a reputation as a tough tackler in Italy?
I'm not referring to tackling but the way certain defenders, Skrtel + Vidic, are able to outmuscle strikers and have tremendous upper body strength to ensure strikers don't get past them or are forced off the ball, something that Savic definitely lacked

With Mancini being the way he is and not being the forgiving to easily type,which I am not saying is good or bad.
I wonder if the mistake lescott made against qpr which lets be honest could have been fatal as been part of bobby's thinking,but ye this kid does look like the real deal but time will tell..

squirtyflower said:
Drewmanc said:
squirtyflower said:

I'm not referring to tackling but the way certain defenders, Skrtel + Vidic, are able to outmuscle strikers and have tremendous upper body strength to ensure strikers don't get past them or are forced off the ball, something that Savic definitely lacked

does not seem very wise to use the word "definitely" to a nineteen year old rookie

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.