Mats Hummels

Re: Matts Hummels

Quite a few papers running the same story with that fee. Seems incredibly low unless he's in the final year of his contract

If Hummels is available and at the rported fee of 16million then we will look like dead set mugs for spending double that on Mangala.

They are only two years apart so age isnt a factor at all, however if it wasnt certain before, the speculation that Hummels is in the top 3 CB's is now fact considering those few games in the WC where he carried the Germans single handedly.

If Hummel's is available for under 35million (questionable to say the least) then it's a no brained who we pursue.

Mancitybluemoon said:
Mate.....this is my personal view and I know we wont all agree on this one but that's what makes for a good discussion, right?;)

I'm happy we didn't go for Hummels....great defender but I see Kompany having the same frustrations with Hummels that he does with Demichelis.....I think we might as well have just stayed with Demichelis if we were going to sign Hummels...Foot speed/quickness is very important when playing the highline and even more so when we push our LB/RB so far up the field into attacking positions..Yes, positioning is important but if you not quick enough to get there, you hold back and put pressure on those around you... The amount of times I saw Kompany covering up for demichelis last season, I never want to see that again..... Against Stoke's of this world we are fine but RM and Barc....no chance! It was important to buy someone to match Kompany's strengths and Hummels would not have done that...I do agree tho..Mangala was picked because he is seen as the best long term replacement/upgrade....Yes, Mangala might not read the game as well as Hummels but that is down to age...give him a year or two....we'll be looking at Kompany's twin!:) and City must agree as they wouldn't be spending 32mil on someone to take over from Demichelis!!

That's the thing mate, the whole "Pace" argument is a ruse. It's how some City fans have chosen to get their heads around why we are not going for him. Again I repeat, of the 2 defender, Hummels is the one who plays more consistently in a high line defense, and has excelled at it. Mangala is simply a projection based on being more athletic. As for Kompany covering for MDM, I'd say that went both ways, yet, Hummels is quicker than MDM, and a better defender right now, so how can he be bad for us?

He is absolutely NOT available for £16m and it's very unlikely he will be available for any price this summer!!

Golden Balls said:
If Hummels is available and at the rported fee of 16million then we will look like dead set mugs for spending double that on Mangala.

They are only two years apart so age isnt a factor at all, however if it wasnt certain before, the speculation that Hummels is in the top 3 CB's is now fact considering those few games in the WC where he carried the Germans single handedly.

If Hummel's is available for under 35million (questionable to say the least) then it's a no brained who we pursue.
havent you heard? He is the slowest WC defender EVER! Good thing we are not in for him.

Bluewonder said:
He is absolutely NOT available for £16m and it's very unlikely he will be available for any price this summer!!

A bullshit fee in a bullshit paper, the rags and Woodward are repeating last years mistakes again. Maybe if the pay 40-45 million, about 10m overvalue then Dortmund may listen to him, but then would he want to go to a club with no European competition ? It's catch 22 for the rags and long may it continue.

He sadly wont be moving anywhere this summer. But in a year or two when he feels ready for that step up, we'll be right in there.
He'll be one of our marquee signings.

It'll be a straight bidding war between us, Madrid and Barcelona, and I'd fancy our chances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.