Mats Hummels

From the few short moments I see of him, I find his pace pretty lacking. And it's pretty apparent when the line is pushed higher up. With Pep seemingly favouring high pressure lines, his lack of pace might be an issue.

Pep is also playing Martínez at CB when everyone is fit. Badstuber too.
Positioning/ball distribution is definatly more important for Pep.
As long as he's got someone like Boateng next to him.

Speed for a CB has never been an issue for me. I think he's slow but only of you compare him to fullbacks or wingers. Chiellini or Bonucci wasn't speed demons either but they were doing fine I reckon.

Pep is also playing Martínez at CB when everyone is fit. Badstuber too.
Positioning/ball distribution is definatly more important for Pep.
As long as he's got someone like Boateng next to him.

Martinez is doing great as CB for Bayern, and he's really really slow! So i agree on this, i really don't see pace being the issue in a Pep system.

Martinez is doing great as CB for Bayern, and he's really really slow! So i agree on this, i really don't see pace being the issue in a Pep system.
And I suppose if your keeper is really willing to come out that reduces the need for super fast centre backs.

Hans-Joachim Watzke (Dortmund CEO) assumes that Bayern is the only destination for Hummels if he decides to leave.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.