Maximum Wage Law - Corbyn

I'm happy for any individual to earn huge sums as long as they then pay all tax due.

I see his agenda...6th form political rhetoric, designed to get Dianne Abbot fizzing....go jezza1
He's already had her fizzing hasn't he? A trip on a shitty commie motor bike round the glorious German Democratic Republic,
dodging Trabants and the Stasi, followed by a spot of horizontal jogging with Di after a pork fat and beetroot luncheon.

I think that the vast majority of people would agree that the salaries of some CEO has spiralled out of control and that's not the politics of envy it's just plain an simple greed. Having an arbitrary wage cap for the top earners is not feasible or workable. A good point that was mooted by May (when she had a bit of a rush of blood to the head moment) and then she completely backtracked on would be having a proper employee representation on the salary rewards committee. Every organisation is different and some CEO work a damn site harder than others. But having proper checks and balances would be where I would start this process.
I know that in the industry I work in, that CEOs are expected to predominantly be remunerated with long-term share incentives rather than cash, aligning the bosses' aims with that of the company and its staff. NYSE companies (and I think FTSE companies already do this) are now required to disclose the median employee's salary against that of the CEO as a means to a) show whether or not their pay is massively out of kilter and b) to stop rival companies being seen to poorly pay their employees/over pay their CEOs. The number of shareholders who are rejecting pay packages for senior staff is also encouraging.

Do this and the likes of Aguero, De Bruyne and other Premier League stars would surely look at China in another light. Same goes for other industries.

It's been a while since Labour have proposed policy alternatives rather than just moaning about Tory plans. What a pity that their proposition is so utterly stupid.

There are only 24 hours in the day to earn anything...so beyond a point it's nothing to do with hard work. Earned me ass. :-)

Just tax the highest earners more and it's essentially a max anyway....and as was said increase the minimum wage.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.