MCFC annual dinner last night

They answered questions very carefully as you would expect and were not taken from the floor.

Dunne said the threat of constantly having the thought of being replaced by a new player that the club may purchase hangs very heavy around the neck of all the players and is not healthy for their confidence.

They all left at about 8.30pm and looked like they thoroughly did not want to be there.

Hughes looked really unhappy all the time he was there.

There were no details on transfer targets etc.

lawrenceofbernarbia said:
They answered questions very carefully as you would expect and were not taken from the floor.

Dunne said the threat of constantly having the thought of being replaced by a new player that the club may purchase hangs very heavy around the neck of all the players and is not healthy for their confidence.

They all left at about 8.30pm and looked like they thoroughly did not want to be there.

Hughes looked really unhappy all the time he was there.

There were no details on transfer targets etc.

How did the mood compare with other annual dinners, as my guess is none of the players or managers ever really want to be there?

adding a few more bits...
Kompany was asked where he prefers playing central defence or midfield. He said he plays in CD for his country and that is where he can see himself in the future. However he is happy to play in midfield if it helps the team.

Fred eyre said to hughes - you have played for some great clubs - Barca, bayern Munich - what's it like to be at City and what's does the future hold? Hughes just laughed and gave a speech about how it would take 3 transfer windows for the team to be challenging for honours

Jo hart was asked who was his hero/ who he looked up to as a kid and he said David Seaman.

Best auction prize was Robinho's left boot (signed) which this fella bought for £1200. rest was usual stuff like mascot package, holiday to cuba etc.

Me and my mate won 2 prizes\in the raffle. The exec box for the copenhagen game (H) and a signed Elano picture! great timing...

It was ok, players didnt stop to sign anything - they just sat at the table, answered the questions and then left sharpish...

any room in your exec box for 2 little uns me and mi brother that would be awesome,, well you might aswell strike while the iron is hot.. ha ha....

cummo said:
adding a few more bits...
Kompany was asked where he prefers playing central defence or midfield. He said he plays in CD for his country and that is where he can see himself in the future. However he is happy to play in midfield if it helps the team.

Fred eyre said to hughes - you have played for some great clubs - Barca, bayern ****** - what's it like to be at City and what's does the future hold? Hughes just laughed and gave a speech about how it would take 3 transfer windows for the team to be challenging for honours

Jo hart was asked who was his hero/ who he looked up to as a kid and he said David Seaman.

Best auction prize was Robinho's left boot (signed) which this fella bought for £1200. rest was usual stuff like mascot package, holiday to cuba etc.

Me and my mate won 2 prizes\in the raffle. The exec box for the copenhagen game (H) and a signed Elano picture! great timing...

It was ok, players didnt stop to sign anything - they just sat at the table, answered the questions and then left sharpish...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.