MCFC Fixtures calender (ical)

Steviesleftpeg

Hopefully you guys can help.

I'm trying to subscribe/download the city fixtures on my ical on my macbook pro. It is downloading the calendar, and subscribing properly but nothing is showing in my actual calendar.

It is doing my head in, could anybody technical suggest what I am doing wrong.

(p.s. I have selected the calendar in my list!)

(p.p.s.) Sorry if wrong forum - I did debate for a few minutes.

There was a thread kicking about about this last week.

There appears to be a bug in the calendar/Mac's implemetation of it, if you subscribe to it in iOs (iPhone) or on OSX it shows no events. Works fine in, say, Google Calendar.

An alternative for subscription (which should keep it updated) is at mysportsfixtures.com

There are two threads in the Technical Forum on the same topic. There is good advice but no solution from posters. Seems either mcfc or apple/iCal have a problem.

I emailed mcfc and got a generic reply ... Think I will email them again ... Cheers

I had issues with this, the auto-update subscription wouldn't show up. Gave up on trying to subscribe in iCal directly, instead what I've done is used my uni webmail (outlook) to subscribe to the calendar, which syncs back to my Macbook using Exchange. Benefit of this is it also syncs to my phone/iPad without having to do anything else.

Only way I could get it to show up on iCal on my MacBook and iPhone, was to subscribe to it with Google calendar, then subscribe to the Google calendar with iCal.

Good old bluemooners.

I'll use my gmail account to sync it up. Thanks!

Apologies for not checking the technical forum.

portisheadblue said:
There is good advice but no solution

Subscribing to the feed at mysportsfixtures.com shows up on my iPhone with all the fixtures. That's a solution (workaround?)

F*ckin love this forum sometimes. Been wondering for ages why it didn't work on my iPhone. Quick look on here, 3 minutes later it's sorted (mysportsfixtures solution). Cheers chaps.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.