Our PR department and the media

They are absolutely hopeless- half a dozen of the more intelligent people off here could do a far mire effective job

i don't think you can have "free speech" "free media" and have an unbiased media. There is always an agenda somewhere.

The City PR dept are doing what they need to do. Only a certain limit to what they can do regarding people's opinions, there will always be haters.

Maybe its a compliment, if others outside of the City family don't like us, then maybe we are doing something right and being successful. Jealousy is such an ugly emotion.

Unless my memory is failing (highly likely) I'm sure that I heard Henry Winter on a City podcast a few months ago saying that whenever a negative story about City is written a phone call is quickly made from our PR team to let the journalist or sports editor know, in no uncertain terms, that they are not impressed.
It seems to me that they are on the case but unwilling/unable to take harsh measures against the paper involved.
Is it because of an edict from upstairs at City not to get involved in public spats with the press or is it just a matter of the negative story not actually breaking any laws?

My own view is that the Press/PR Department are not as passive as we may think but they need to explain their strategy to us the fans as we largely think them ineffective.

The media get more clicks for positive rag pieces/negative City pieces. Sky get half a million more viewers for United games than City, on average. So they're catering to that extra audience, they don't care if we complain and if we react they have that reaction to write yet another negative piece which draws more clicks. The only way to "win" is for City to get as many clicks (despite the lack of good content which forces us down, beautiful work) and to match or better United in the ratings, but again media coverage makes us much less appealing to the neutral or casual fan.

Our PR department does need some improvement but we are anyway facing an uphill battle.

The only way to defeat the biased media is to win titles. We need a title win soon, can see us winning it next season and a Champions league win in the next few years which are very realistic targets. In the CL, like Pep said we need to be reaching the semis every year. Winning the CL is something that will solidify our place among Europe's Elite. The English media might not give us the credit we deserve but the whole world will be watching and it will be a turning point for us.

Our fan base is growing every year and Pep arriving meant a lot of the club. The arrival of Sane and Jesus has been great for the team as well as our popularity. We have the brightest stars of Germany and Brazil and their countries will be behind them. Like it or not the Brazil #9 plays for City and choose us over Barca, Real, etc which was unthinkable a few years ago. Sane hasn't really played for the German national team but they are in dire need of a player like him, I expect him to be starting games very soon which is again great news.

Rags are declining, missing CL football is killing them, they can be #1 in the media but everyone can look at the table and see them in 6th. They are in 6th place with the expensive team in the world and wouldn't even be there without the help of the referees. The media can go on and on about the Europa league but everyone knows its pretty much irrelevant. After Fergie left, they've done nothing but decline.

We have been steadily growing in more ways than one and will continue to grow.

who
gives
a
fuck
what
the
public
think?

people are fickle,
let 'em believe what they want about us.

the truth usually outs in the end,
and the fact of the matter is we are the best team in the land and all the world.
that alone is enough for me.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.