MCFC.....scruffiest in Europe.

I've noticed how scruffy they are, especially coming to home games.

I saw a few clips of the scum going to Japan, each and every one of them had a club suit on, matching tie, players, manager and backroom staff.

I'd have thought, and I'd like, Hughes to be as strict as this. You get paid a lot of money, a lot of people look up to you. You wear a suit properly or expect a fine.

This story is perfectly believable , despite the well presented image that Mark Hughes portrays ....... the least the players could have done was wear Thais with our history!

However i doubt if they forgot to take a little somethin' along in their suitcases to wipe the sweat off their overworked brows after the Santander debacle ......... after all they have enough experience of throwin' the towel in all too often!

If its true then its a disgrace TBH. Most of these players are paid 25K + a week, the least they can do is sacrifice a little bit of discomfort waiting at the airport and wear the appropriate attire. If Hughes allowed this then his rep as a disciplinarian is a bunch of bullshit. rant over.

zandvoort blue said:
Just got back....yes I know a little later than most, but stopped off in Barcelona for an extra day.
Well on the way out on Wednesday we bumped into the players in the airport at Manchester. What a scruffy bunch of oiks. Club suits, some with ties, some without, some with trainers, some with scruffy baseball boots, and some with wooly hats.
If Hughes is supposed to be this cold disciplinarian he should get a grip of this. These players are representing our club, our town and should smarten themselves up. It would never happen across the road.
Sloppy, both on and off the pitch.

and you know this because you know just exactly how other teams dress after a euro tie away then eh? Most pointless topic of the year award goes to you pal.....

This thread ain't really here......

Why should they wear suits? Will it make them instantly respectable or show that they are serious professionals?

They can wear what they like for me (not that i'm that arsed)

maxflicity said:
Mantel said:
Sorry what?

People are moaning about everything...give them a break.....we need unity

we need unity at CoMS and in front of televisions in bars and restaurants around the world. if internet forums aren't the best place to air concerns i don't know what is.

as to the topic i'm not convinced that scruffy attire is indicative of the state of discipline, but then i'm one for scruffy attire myself. it does seem odd given Hughes' rep as a hard nosed disciplinarian, but do we know it's not a one-off? maybe he said nothing to them in light of the pathetic mess on the pitch, as the team have bigger fish to fry?

for my two penneth worth, all wearing the same gear molds a sense of unity. Smart proffessional and togther as one. Suited with the club badge says something. Im sure theres load of it in psychology and its not something I know much about, but its got to have some impact.
Wearing any old crap seems to say were of bunch of individuals, not related, and no common aim
Agreed suits aint the best to travel in. but these aint gonna be il fitting numbers from next, and santander aint exactly long hall
We are manchester city football club playing in a uefa competition, should mean something that gives pride

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.