MCFC U-18's

What's happened to Bobby Duncan? I assumed he would be with the U18's this season but he doesn't appear to have featured at all - injured perhaps?

They only show the 'big' games that are played in the academy stadium - I.E the FA Youth Cup ones. They never show u18s league games that are played behind closed doors, inside in the CFA.

Onto to Nabil - he's great. Really, really like what I've seen of him. There's something of the onform Negredo about him. Tall, powerful, good turn of pace, a bit of a physical beast and a helluva finisher with both feet and head.

So is it just a case that they haven't had any games in the academy stadium yet, and they will be broadcast later?

Also if Delph is injured do you think Pep might bring Wilson or maybe Duhaney (I know he's more of a RB but think he actually played LB at one point in preseason?) into the first team squad? Are they doing enough at academy level to deserve looking at if we're really that short on first team LB options?

So is it just a case that they haven't had any games in the academy stadium yet, and they will be broadcast later?

Also if Delph is injured do you think Pep might bring Wilson or maybe Duhaney (I know he's more of a RB but think he actually played LB at one point in preseason?) into the first team squad? Are they doing enough at academy level to deserve looking at if we're really that short on first team LB options?

Maybe, maybe not. City are a bit cagey about showing 18s games. If it happens it'll be towards the end of the season I'd guess. u18s league games are rarely ever in the stadium for whatever reason.

Don't think Wilson is anywhere near personally. Decent little player but shown nothing 'special' at all. Put it this way, he's nowhere near Angelino, who isn't near Maffeo, who still wasn't deemed ready. So yeah. Duhaney's good, and i guess preseason proved Pep's got an eye on him, but I'd just guess he'd use another out of position senior player there instead. That's what most do these days sadly.

Maybe, maybe not. City are a bit cagey about showing 18s games. If it happens it'll be towards the end of the season I'd guess. u18s league games are rarely ever in the stadium for whatever reason.

Don't think Wilson is anywhere near personally. Decent little player but shown nothing 'special' at all. Put it this way, he's nowhere near Angelino, who isn't near Maffeo, who still wasn't deemed ready. So yeah. Duhaney's good, and i guess preseason proved Pep's got an eye on him, but I'd just guess he'd use another out of position senior player there instead. That's what most do these days sadly.
Think Zinchenko probably would be preferred over Duhaney in that regards, Duhaney being right-footed doesn't help much either he's gonna have a tough time breaking in after Maffeo as well, but it seems we have 2 great prospects for RB so that's atleast good.

In terms of U18 games, maybe City don't want to over expose them to the public as much? I can understand this line of thinking if the goal is to protect them.

Seems to be contract issues all the time at youth level these days. Youngsters wanting everything too early?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.