MCFC U-18's

Discussion in 'EDS and Academy Forum' started by Bilboblue, 20 Sep 2017.

1. Cobra

Cobra

Perhaps I’m being a bit negative but I really can’t see both Foden and Diaz getting 10 appearances this season, unless we have a massive injury crisis. Diaz definitely deserves to start vs Wolves, it’s just a shame Foden will probably still be in India.

2. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

Not sure if intentional, but there's a strong drop of irony in this post.

3. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

4. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

thats the problem for me though. our young players are literally only getting minutes of game time. west brom was a perfect game for someone like diaz to come on. they might play against wolves and maybe in the cup, but thats it all season. its not enough game time to develop. at other clubs they would be getting more time imo. i know they are young and I'm getting a bit ahead of myself tbf. i keep hearing about the golden generation and that we have younger players below this group that are so talented, but I've been hearing that for about 6 years now. i agree in 2020 we might have amazing young players coming through. but its going to be next to impossible for most of them to get a chance. we will always spend 50m on players and even players like bernardo are struggling to start at times.

5. Cheadle_hulmeBlue

Cheadle_hulmeBlue

yea maybe i shouldnt have put all. but two very talented young players, who id rather be playing for us.
    i would put as well, but its just when i type it shortens the words sometimes.. :)

6. Sensanetional

Sensanetional

7. Otamendi's Beard

Otamendi's Beard

He's a goner. No mention of city in bio and all England pics.

Shame really but we all move on.

8. asahartford1

asahartford1

It intrigues me why a young kid puts out such a message. Some do think they are stars before they are.

9. squirtyflower

squirtyflower

Samaritan
    Don't they just
    A little too precious for my liking

10. Manc in London

Manc in London

Very interested to hear about the depth of talent at the academy.

Do you know how McAtee is doing? Just curious as I used to play rugby with his dad (cocky sod but very talented).