MCFC U16's

It could have been a total goal tally over several small games played in 1day?

To change the subject does any1 know any city lads who were with Utd but signed for us ,don't want names just stats ,
Sick off the rags bitching on there site about us ,they have been at it for years .

I know of 1 lad who left United to join City and he was very highly thought of by United and had been chased by City previous to him signing at U9 for United

I won't mention names but the reason he signed for United and not City in the 1st place was because his older brother was already at United (United bought him from Liverpool by the way at U12) for this lad and his parents for logistic reasons decided it would be easier with work etc if they both went to the same academy

A couple of years down the line the older boy was then released by United at the end of his U14s and by this time the younger lad who was flying I must add playing up an age group was an U10 playing for the 11s, I think, the family weren't happy about the older boy being released but accepted it but they we're becoming very disalutioned with the quality of the coaching at United (the father of the lads is an ex professional rugby league players so knows a little about coaching intensity etc)
Any way the older boy goes to Burnley and is signed by them but when Burnley ask the father and I quote "what the hell have United been doing with your lad for the last few years? He has no game understanding whatsoever" he basically didn't know what his role should be in the team and what was expected of him, this for the dad is the straw that breaks the camels back, he knows City will take his younger son in a heartbeat so sets the ball in motion, he pulls him out of Uniteds academy and his parting shot is " you have ruined my oldest son, I am not letting you do the same to the young one" United are devastated as the younger brother is quality for his age and expected to go a long way, so he joins City and we pay the required compensation

All the rubbish you hear about financial incentives, houses, cars, etc is bollocks and is made up by United to try to justify why they have lost a top prospect to City, the father gets expenses every month from City for ferrying his son around etc when required and for Scouting as do a lot of the other players parents at City oh and United and every other club who can afford it, so not exclusive to us

United with there arrogance lost a very highly rated prospect to City due to the fact the coaching was sub standard and dated, they also thought the father wouldn't take his youngest boy away because as they like to say "we are Man United" in other words there is no one to compete with us, haha how wrong, if they had just kept the older lad (common sense) until the end of U16s the younger son would no doubt still be with them, but like I say the arrogance that surrounds the club cost them on this occasion

This is why the current needle between the two clubs at the lower end of the youth is there United are adamant City poached one of there highly rated youngsters, but when you know as I do what went on it was Uniteds own fault that they lost the kid simple as that

I know of 1 lad who left United to join City and he was very highly thought of by United and had been chased by City previous to him signing at U9 for United

I won't mention names but the reason he signed for United and not City in the 1st place was because his older brother was already at United (United bought him from Liverpool by the way at U12) for this lad and his parents for logistic reasons decided it would be easier with work etc if they both went to the same academy

A couple of years down the line the older boy was then released by United at the end of his U14s and by this time the younger lad who was flying I must add playing up an age group was an U10 playing for the 11s, I think, the family weren't happy about the older boy being released but accepted it but they we're becoming very disalutioned with the quality of the coaching at United (the father of the lads is an ex professional rugby league players so knows a little about coaching intensity etc)
Any way the older boy goes to Burnley and is signed by them but when Burnley ask the father and I quote "what the hell have United been doing with your lad for the last few years? He has no game understanding whatsoever" he basically didn't know what his role should be in the team and what was expected of him, this for the dad is the straw that breaks the camels back, he knows City will take his younger son in a heartbeat so sets the ball in motion, he pulls him out of Uniteds academy and his parting shot is " you have ruined my oldest son, I am not letting you do the same to the young one" United are devastated as the younger brother is quality for his age and expected to go a long way, so he joins City and we pay the required compensation

All the rubbish you hear about financial incentives, houses, cars, etc is bollocks and is made up by United to try to justify why they have lost a top prospect to City, the father gets expenses every month from City for ferrying his son around etc when required and for Scouting as do a lot of the other players parents at City oh and United and every other club who can afford it, so not exclusive to us

United with there arrogance lost a very highly rated prospect to City due to the fact the coaching was sub standard and dated, they also thought the father wouldn't take his youngest boy away because as they like to say "we are Man United" in other words there is no one to compete with us, haha how wrong, if they had just kept the older lad (common sense) until the end of U16s the younger son would no doubt still be with them, but like I say the arrogance that surrounds the club cost them on this occasion

This is why the current needle between the two clubs at the lower end of the youth is there United are adamant City poached one of there highly rated youngsters, but when you know as I do what went on it was Uniteds own fault that they lost the kid simple as that

Cheers mate interesting stuff.

My mate's lad was at Utd for a period some years ago (big Utd fan) & came out of it with absolutely nothing, a complete waste of time, in spite of Ferguson even seeing him play & being impressed. Never played a game in his actual position but apparently still played really well. Made no difference. Learned nothing & was discarded.Think it left him a bit disillusioned.

Have spoken to several scouts about Utd and the youth set up ,the genral response is they pick 2-3 lads from about 7 years old at each year, the rest off the team is then built round them to make up the numbers .as the team ages kids come and go and the team should improve as we know but the golden 2-3 are kept up to 15 -16 yrs were apon they keep or release, the thing is up to this point Utd are not to bothered about game results but the development of the golden few the rest are just passengers.

Have spoken to several scouts about Utd and the youth set up ,the genral response is they pick 2-3 lads from about 7 years old at each year, the rest off the team is then built round them to make up the numbers .as the team ages kids come and go and the team should improve as we know but the golden 2-3 are kept up to 15 -16 yrs were apon they keep or release, the thing is up to this point Utd are not to bothered about game results but the development of the golden few the rest are just passengers.

You are spot on they call it "polishing the diamond" United will never admit to this but it is exactly what they do
They have a programme that they call MANUS (can't remember off top of my head what it stands for) where they select usually 3 or 4 from each age bracket that they feel are exceptional at at least one thing, be it speed, technically exceptional, athletic ability, aggression, physical attributes, two footed etc, nothing scientific any thing anyone can see in players if you happen to watch them enough, they also look at a boy's parents and siblings is there an athlete, ex pro, or pro sportsmen in the family so genetics are looked at (this is the case with every club)

The selected lads then go to Ashton on Mersey school where they are educated and taken out of school in the mornings or afternoons and coached at Carrington (classed as full time) so the hours in touch with the coaches doubles in comparison with the lads who are just coached at night (classed as part time) so how is a boy who is coached just for 6 hours a week going to compete with a boy who is coached for 20hours a week it's impossible add to this gym sessions, fed the right foods as they are fed by the club when there and so on they are also lodged by United by host families and it soon becomes clear there is a two tier system in place, it's like someone driving round a race track in a car with all the extras turbos and what have you and you getting the 1.1 litre version and being expected to keep up, it's impossible

The difference with Uniteds approach and City's are obvious, if you are in City's academy squad you are all on the same level, you are all schooled, you all have the same contact hours with the club, etc etc this method allows for lads who aren't top of the pile now to have the time to catch up and sometimes surpas the kids at the top, it's a level playing field, developing kids is not an exact science kids grow at different rates some are nearly a year younger than the older lads in there age group and when you are 10/11/12 and so on that can be massive in terms of growth, mind etc City's way allows kids time to develop United's is more of we have these 4 we are hanging our hat on them very risky and flawed if you ask me

City do it right, the way we develop players allows every boy the chance to progress and be an equal if the boy doesn't make it he can't say he wasn't given the opportunities, the same can't be said of United

You are spot on they call it "polishing the diamond" United will never admit to this but it is exactly what they do
They have a programme that they call MANUS (can't remember off top of my head what it stands for) where they select usually 3 or 4 from each age bracket that they feel are exceptional at at least one thing, be it speed, technically exceptional, athletic ability, aggression, physical attributes, two footed etc, nothing scientific any thing anyone can see in players if you happen to watch them enough, they also look at a boy's parents and siblings is there an athlete, ex pro, or pro sportsmen in the family so genetics are looked at (this is the case with every club)

The selected lads then go to Ashton on Mersey school where they are educated and taken out of school in the mornings or afternoons and coached at Carrington (classed as full time) so the hours in touch with the coaches doubles in comparison with the lads who are just coached at night (classed as part time) so how is a boy who is coached just for 6 hours a week going to compete with a boy who is coached for 20hours a week it's impossible add to this gym sessions, fed the right foods as they are fed by the club when there and so on they are also lodged by United by host families and it soon becomes clear there is a two tier system in place, it's like someone driving round a race track in a car with all the extras turbos and what have you and you getting the 1.1 litre version and being expected to keep up, it's impossible

The difference with Uniteds approach and City's are obvious, if you are in City's academy squad you are all on the same level, you are all schooled, you all have the same contact hours with the club, etc etc this method allows for lads who aren't top of the pile now to have the time to catch up and sometimes surpas the kids at the top, it's a level playing field, developing kids is not an exact science kids grow at different rates some are nearly a year younger than the older lads in there age group and when you are 10/11/12 and so on that can be massive in terms of growth, mind etc City's way allows kids time to develop United's is more of we have these 4 we are hanging our hat on them very risky and flawed if you ask me

City do it right, the way we develop players allows every boy the chance to progress and be an equal if the boy doesn't make it he can't say he wasn't given the opportunities, the same can't be said of United
There arrogance offends my

That is a seriously repugnant way of teaching youth football.

What I was told about Utd, fits exactly what has been said in the posts above.

The 'exceptional talents' they have been singling out in recent years & building around, have mostly turned out to be very far from exceptional. Some of them are already settling into careers below Championship level.

What I was told about Utd, fits exactly what has been said in the posts above.

The 'exceptional talents' they have been singling out in recent years & building around, have mostly turned out to be very far from exceptional. Some of them are already settling into careers below Championship level.
This is why there system and set up is flawed as they will have let better players leave than the ones they have decided to stick with as all there time and this is the big thing "coaches reputations" have been lumped on the 3/4 so called "special talents" within each age group from 12 years old, when really at the end of the day some of these lads aren't as great as they were at 12-13 etc

What United have been good at is having the masses believe that they have an academy that churns out players, giving kids a run out in league cup games etc and then bringing in a £million or two for these players as we all know

Now don't get me wrong there are exceptions I know they have 3 U17s and an U16 that City would take in a heart beat the U17s have just been given 3&4 year professional contracts that will start on there 17th birthdays to prevent us or anyone else for that matter from tempting them away, which nearly happened with one but with Liverpool the front runners apparently not us but you can bet ur bottom dollar we will have been in the mix

City 16s play in national finals in middle October at Liverpool academy, just are look we are down to play the rags same weekend hope we get them in the draw at lpool , play stoke this weekend and Newcastle week before finals and there both going to finals should be fun. Newcastle won there qualifier with Utd coming second top 2 go to finals in each group.

16s continue there domination with a win over Stoke today , 2 goals from bolton ,foden 1 brahim 1 , 1og well done lads played great ,also had 3 lads away with England and tomi and jadon sancho leaving at ht to play for 18s.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.