MCFC U19 vs Celtic U19 (1pm Kick Off)

Maybe they are trying to develop that part of his game. He would be far more use full player if he was a genuine goal threat and had instincts to run in behind instead of always looking to drop back and get on the ball in space. That is the thing with Youth football, we might score more with a 6ft striker every game but the objective is to create 1st team players and if Diaz can play anywhere across the front he stands much more chance. He does need to work on it though.

While I understand that perspective, I don't agree that he should play 'up top'. He's an attacking midfielder or number 10 and should be trained to add goal threat to his existing talents, while maintaining the position in which he is a potential world star.

While I understand that perspective, I don't agree that he should play 'up top'. He's an attacking midfielder or number 10 and should be trained to add goal threat to his existing talents, while maintaining the position in which he is a potential world star.
Part of the thinking is that they can see how difficult it can be for the striker and to get a better understanding of what they require from the creative players. Not to mention the fact that we're not overflowing with out and out strikers. We've got the 15yo (?) Bobby Duncan, Gonzalez and the just returned Ambrose who's still being eased in. I'm still not sure what the deal is with Campbell.

Strikers do seem thin on the ground. The ones we have (Duncan. Gonzalez and Ambrose) seem to have huge potential but that's all it is at their ages. To be playing at this level at 16 takes some doing. Another couple of years development and who knows.

If he's going to be a world star anywhere in an attacking role then he'll need to be fluid enough to deputise as striker at times and drift wide at other times as well as being in his usual position.

Iniesta in his younger days under Pep would often spend time on the left wing and pop up in a striker's position in the box when Messi wandered.

It's a part of the development as well that if you play a position you understand the role and then you've got a better understanding of how your teammates act in that role.

Well rounded players are what we want and filling in for Nmecha didn't do him any harm even though everyone knows he's not going to be a 9 long term.

Part of the thinking is that they can see how difficult it can be for the striker and to get a better understanding of what they require from the creative players. Not to mention the fact that we're not overflowing with out and out strikers. We've got the 15yo (?) Bobby Duncan, Gonzalez and the just returned Ambrose who's still being eased in. I'm still not sure what the deal is with Campbell.

Campbell is playing for Stoke now.

We've got Duncan, Benjamin Garré, Gonzalez, Joe Hardy, Nmecha and Ambrose.

Don't think that's a paucity of striking options really, especially when players like Isaac Buckley-Rickets and Luke Bolton are good enough at the position that it could be their long term role.

Don't think that's a paucity of striking options really, especially when players like Isaac Buckley-Rickets and Luke Bolton are good enough at the position that it could be their long term role.
Didn't he take Bolton off today?

Damn, I forgot about Benjamin Garré, Joe Hardy & Nmecha (just the 3 then)

I also got Campbell and Del Bashiru (sp?) mixed up. Wish I'd not bothered now :(

Now I've got to get my head around having 4 full backs on the pitch with a 5th on the bench.

Enjoyed the report thanks , presume you watched on television as commentator got it wrong , Oliver gave penalty away not Francis.
Rag or not he was effing dire.
Ben Andrews was his name I think and he just rabbited on about how lucky we were to still be in the game in his sneery, whiney voice.
Celtic brought on a sub called Crossan (as in Johnny) and the idiot referred to him as Croston throughout the game.

He's good. Captains the Welsh u17s and I really like him. Genuinely a touch of the Fernandinho's to him. He scored a ton for the u16s last year too.
I thought he stood out yesterday. Not because he sprayed the ball around , was really creative etc but because he did his job well with great energy and conviction when others around were not doing their's very well.

I have only started seeing him this season and I don't think a sitting role is his best position as surely he is a box to box midfielder. Scoring the goals he did last season as TS says suggests that. Endless energy and commitment similar to Jacob Davenport who is more of a holding midfielder. I wish Will Patching had the same energy and intensity!

I am still baffled why we had strikers on the bench (2 or arguably 3) but still started the game with Diaz up front. I get the idea of giving him experience in that role but iy can be overdone.I wonder if that's a Simon Davies plan or is he told to do that as it makes no sense to me. I though we were dreadful in the first half ( like the Hull game on Friday) but with the change in shape plus Diaz getting involved deeper we did deserve at least a draw.The win was a bonus.
Fernandez is also a question for me. I much prefer him playing from the right side.He seems more comfortable there and always creates massive problems for any defence as he can go left or right as he shows regularly.That cross for Sancho was a peach. I know he is very talented and maybe can play as a 10 but I just havent seen it wotk that well for him in the center. Obviously some god bits but overall not consistently goo enough. taclkes come in from all sides when he is central and catch him out whereas wide right he knows exactly where he is when where the trouble is

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.